New ET-7, and my name is not Roberto

The PV-1 to now...
jahatl513
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

New ET-7, and my name is not Roberto

Post by jahatl513 »

I just received my new ET-7 yesterday. In addition, the shipment included a new Classic 120SE. It is Saturday night, and on Friday I unboxed the ET-7 and hooked it up to my MF2500A while I was busy cleaning records sonically. I'm coming from a Premier 16LS2 and Premier 17LS. It's too early to tell anything of value but of course you can tell it is super impressive as I started to hear about 2 hours into it that it was going to develop and where it was headed. My nod is to Roberto who inspired the move, so thanks Roberto!. Tonight I opened up the Classic 120SE, put the tubes in, installed speaker leads, pre on and muted on as I biased the tubes. I'm 2-3 hours into it and boy oh boy.... I can tell that I'm going to love this combination. More to come.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: New ET-7, and my name is not Roberto

Post by roberto »

Hola Johnathan,
You will love them for sure, as I do. Please, you must take your time to let saddle the capacitors. Between the first 200 hours, you will notice changes, but not too dramatic, but from that time to 400 hours, you will notice a continue improvement of the sound stage, the size of the instruments, and what has me really impressed: he harmonic texture. Listen the pure sound of the voices...females are my favorite.

They can sing for hours, and there is no ear fatigue. Right now, you are getting the air between the instruments. There are no congestion, all are projected to the room, with the right energy...then after the 200 hours, the Conrad Johnson magic starts to do the vu doo.

It is a miracle to witness the dramatic change for good the quality of the sound. I assure you that you will not regret the buy of your new goods!

Please, tell us your findings.

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
jahatl513
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Post by jahatl513 »

Thanks Roberto, you see I was joking in my Subject matter, since you have had such a roll with the ET-7 I thought it appropriate to start a new thread. Yes, I am familiar with the drill and thank you. What I've found interesting is that you can actually, or I can actually tell that something great is coming around the bend and with some prior CJ experiences I really like that "oh wow, something changed, subtle but different and for the better" moments.
Impressions are hard won and once burned into memory are well worth the wait, but I too like the journey it throws down for you. I'm trying to record time with each Powered On and will see what comes. When my Premier 350 gets back from CJ, no doubt I will give it a roll, so the ET-7 will get more time in than the Classic 120SE.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Thanks Jonathan,
Our journey for seeking the truth is a very thin and narrow path. Also our liking matters. When you have on your ears these quality products, we definitively are in the same boat!. There are the top first class, and with these babies we are hitting almost it, too costing the half. Yes, it is not the first, but I don't care. I have a beautiful nirvana here is my system as never before, and a very happy owner. I am enjoying every moment that I am listening to the music, or I should say, the musician(s) playing for me here, in my own place. The timbre, the details, the communication between the musicians, the stage, the easy to tell what the musician(s) are doing. Understanding the fingering of the musician playing the piano or the guitar...these things really woos me. My wife is jealous, because I used to watch tv with her, and now I am more into my music...she knows that she is welcome, but she is not a music lover as I am.
Keep as posted, please!...
I wish to all, a very happy listeing
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola again Jonathan,
Please tell us your findings with your new toys...they are that good, right?

Once the capacitors are settle down, the right sweetness of the musical instruments will start to arise.

I can not wait for your impressions!
Happy listening!
jahatl513
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Post by jahatl513 »

I have a calendar and each day I have listed the Classic 120SE's hours and the ET-7's as well. You'd think it would be the same but I have had a really great time with the MF2500A I had rebuilt by CJ in February of this year, so the Classic 120 is going to fall behind. More Later.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola Johnathan, can you tell us your findings? How the babies are doing? I am sure that you are impressed like me too.
Happy listening!