CJ Premier 10 Vs Premier 2

The PV-1 to now...
AudioDIY
Advanced
Advanced

CJ Premier 10 Vs Premier 2

Post by AudioDIY »

I've just bought a Premier 10 (introduced 1992, hybrid, MSRP $6,000) to replace my aging Premier 2 (introduced 1981, tube, MSRP $1,800). I did a 3 hours listening AB comparision and below are my verdicts:

Premier 10 built like a tank.
Premier 10 has an overall improvement in all area.
Premier 10 has a much better base in terms of detail and authority
Premier 10 has a better vocal
Premier 10 has much more detail in terms of presentation and layering differnt sound sources
Premier 10 has a deeper soundstage but not wider
Suprise, Premier 2 has a slightly better dynamic in mid-range. I think it is becase of the all tubes design.

At the end of the day, I am extremely happy with my purchase. Thanks for listening.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Re: CJ Premier 10 Vs Premier 2

Post by joeinid »

Congratulations on getting a great preamp. Enjoy your new baby.
MylesBAstor
Regular
Regular

Re: CJ Premier 10 Vs Premier 2

Post by MylesBAstor »

AudioDIY wrote:I've just bought a Premier 10 (introduced 1992, hybrid, MSRP $6,000) to replace my aging Premier 2 (introduced 1981, tube, MSRP $1,800). I did a 3 hours listening AB comparision and below are my verdicts:

Premier 10 built like a tank.
Premier 10 has an overall improvement in all area.
Premier 10 has a much better base in terms of detail and authority
Premier 10 has a better vocal
Premier 10 has much more detail in terms of presentation and layering differnt sound sources
Premier 10 has a deeper soundstage but not wider
Suprise, Premier 2 has a slightly better dynamic in mid-range. I think it is becase of the all tubes design.

At the end of the day, I am extremely happy with my purchase. Thanks for listening.
Congrats.

IIRC, and it's been many years, the Prem. 2 used tube rectification while the Prem. 3 was the first cj preamp to use ss rectification.
Myles B. Astor, Sr. Editor, Positive-Feedback, www.positive-feedback.com
Founder, www.audionirvana.org