Integrating Two-Channel Set Up Into a Home Theater

The PV-1 to now...
RDSChicago
Regular
Regular

Integrating Two-Channel Set Up Into a Home Theater

Post by RDSChicago »

Hi,

I have a CJ ET3SE. I want to integrate my two-channel set up into a home theater 5.1 setup. My fronts are the Pioneer S-1EX's and I will likely use Quicksilver mono blocks with KT150's that put out around 90 watts each. Can someone explain how the home theater bypass control on the preamp works and how I go about making all the connections. I have a Denon 4311 AVR which, I believe, has all of the necessary inputs and outputs I need. Just not sure how to do it. It would be nice to have the option of using the sub in the two-channel playback on occasion. Thanks!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Integrating Two-Channel Set Up Into a Home Theater

Post by admin »

So basically you want to use the Denon for movies and the ET3SE for music but want the signal to pass through the Denon? I'm really not sure if you want to do this. Of course you can connect the source to the ET3SE, then that to a stereo input on the denon, then the Denon to the amps, and then speakers. But do you really want to have the Denon in the setup. You may or may not degrade the audio by having that passthrough. I guess it would be trial and error.

You could get an RCA input switch selector so that when you want to listen to the ET3SE, you switch RCA outputs from Denon L + R channel to the ET3SE L + R channel and just utilize those amps only. When you want to listen to full 5.1 you switch back to the Denon RCA outputs. Is this what you were asking?
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Mr_BT
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Re: Integrating Two-Channel Set Up Into a Home Theater

Post by Mr_BT »

Connect FR and FL from your Denon to Theater IN. It makes signal pass through "untouched" by your CJET3SE. Your mono blocks are connected to CJ main out. Denon processor controls volume. Do not connect CD player or anything without volume control to Theater IN. Lower your Denon volume and test it.