Post by MylesBAstor »

Myles B. Astor, Sr. Editor, Positive-Feedback, www.positive-feedback.com
Founder, www.audionirvana.org
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ART300 Amplifier Review

Post by admin »

Wow! What great articles. Thank you so much for the contribution of such a great review and interview with the founders of our favourite audio company!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
MylesBAstor
Regular
Regular

Post by MylesBAstor »

My pleasure. I’ve known Bill and Lew for over 30 years now.
Myles B. Astor, Sr. Editor, Positive-Feedback, www.positive-feedback.com
Founder, www.audionirvana.org
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Fantastic review indeed, probably one of the best I've read to date!

There is so much detail in it, if carefully read, and those seeking for the actual way designers think with a true sense of passion, the answers are right there!

Lew has always gone the extra mile to help international dealerships as well as local, and the assistance given to ours during those early 90's was a real positive experience. That was over 13 years since, and now the reins are with Jeff F, I hope he will keep up the standard and most of all the passion of CJ.

All the best to CJ and their new team!
Cheers, RJ
2bdude
Advanced
Advanced

Post by 2bdude »

Spent the weekend with my new ART150. Beyond my wildest expectations. The reviews are right on. CJ has a walk off World Series bottom of the ninth grand slam home run! Will not bother with all the audio adjectives on this product. It is a must hear for yourself. Good luck not ordering one when you do audition the amp!
The only issue I'm having is I can't stop listening.
Thank you CJ for your commitment to musical enjoyment!
Regards, 2bdude
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Congratulations!

Yeah, that’s the biggest thing I miss about my ART monos, I could not stop listening. I stupidly sold them but now I’m thinking about the ART 150 for myself.

Please keep the updates coming. We are so happy for you.

What speakers and preamp are you using?
2bdude
Advanced
Advanced

Post by 2bdude »

I have the ART150 on both Avantgarde Duos and switch them over to the Rockport Aviors. Updates on further impressions are irrelevant. Nothing I say will encompass what this amp is all about. I just sit for hours not wanting to move. The musicality and inner detail with no hint of grain allows my body to melt into the music. I will add this observation.
Years of playing around with equipment has never resulted to one change that I cannot fathom. The hot spot or grain on my top end on all my speakers is gone (always thinking that it was just a tweeter limitation). I cannot locate my tweeters and as a result the physical location of my speakers is simply gone. I used electrostatic speakers because they seemed to not show that hot or grain as often ( friendly roll off??). Again ART150 is just amazing! No need for rolled off top end, midrange heavy single ended triode designs. I have what those esoteric triodes offer and unlimited dynamics and EXTENSION. JUST MY OPINION and what that is worth I don't know!
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Wow!

I’m so happy for you. Thank you for posting.