Any conrad-johnson ART Amplifier owners here? ...

From tubes to solid state.
pstrisik
Super Pro
Super Pro

Re: Any conrad-johnson ART Amplifier owners here? ...

Post by pstrisik »

Beautiful Joe! Nice arrangement and damping. What are those speakers?
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Peter

Dennis Had Inspire LP-2 preamp
Dennis Had Inspire KT150 amp
Thorens TD-145 MkII
Restored AR 2ax', Omega Super 7 XRS Alnicos
Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6/DAC Magic +
[/color]
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Absolutely gorgeous! We are going to need a full report on the sound as well!

Do you plan to run the amps without the tube covers? I think they look great either way, but the ART has a very distinct tube cover which is very cool.

Can you maybe post a picture of the back of the amps, I have never seen the binding posts and inputs, just curious.

Once again, purely top of the class setup. Congrats.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

pstrisik wrote:Beautiful Joe! Nice arrangement and damping. What are those speakers?
Hi Peter,

Right now I am using my Revel Studio2's. They are incredible on the GAT/ART combo.

In a few days I plan on trying my TAD CR-1's stand mount speakers.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

admin wrote:Absolutely gorgeous! We are going to need a full report on the sound as well!

Do you plan to run the amps without the tube covers? I think they look great either way, but the ART has a very distinct tube cover which is very cool.

Can you maybe post a picture of the back of the amps, I have never seen the binding posts and inputs, just curious.

Once again, purely top of the class setup. Congrats.

Thank you for the kind words.

Yes, I plan on putting the covers back on once I feel comfortable the bias will not shift. It's so much easier to make adjustments right now. Everything looks stable right now.

I'll try and post a photo of the back tomorrow night.

The sound right now is absolutely stunning. I have a confession. I forgot that the GAT inverts phase so I needed to swap the speaker cables to compensate. It sounded a little funny but I just thought it was because they were new. Since I reversed the leads, OMG! Everything locked right in and it's like there is nothing between me and the artist. My room is filled with music. Glorious music.

I am so happy right now I can't take it.
Good Dog Jocko
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Good Dog Jocko »

The best buy in C-J gear is their used solid state amps. They get far below their deserved respect and are available at firesale prices relative to their sonic performance. C-J seems to be "hunting around" as to their actual place in the marketplace these days. In the old days they were conservative looking amps that sonically punched far above their conservative appearance. If they forget about what they are doing today, and go back to their roots, and ditch the trendy styling that has nothing to do with sonic quality, then I might have an interest in something besides classic C-J gear.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Bump.

Well, my Revel Studio2 are sold and my TAD CR-1 are gone too. I miss the Revel more but all I have now are my SF Strads. I am not sure if I posted this before, so if I did, I apologize.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0dqL ... Xo4RWRvdUk

I'll have to do a new video/photos as some gear has changed. The cd player is sold and I have a new dac.

Thanks for looking.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

joeinid wrote:Bump.

Well, my Revel Studio2 are sold and my TAD CR-1 are gone too. I miss the Revel more but all I have now are my SF Strads. I am not sure if I posted this before, so if I did, I apologize.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0dqL ... Xo4RWRvdUk

I'll have to do a new video/photos as some gear has changed. The cd player is sold and I have a new dac.

Thanks for looking.
I think I said this before but the Stradivari's are the most beautiful speakers in the world. Truly awesome setup.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

admin wrote:
I think I said this before but the Stradivari's are the most beautiful speakers in the world. Truly awesome setup.

Thank you Gabor. I absolutely love these speakers. And with the CJ gear, I am blessed. :oops: