Jolida JD9 phono preamp review

Amps, preamps, speakers, cables, and any other Non-CJ products.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jolida JD9 phono preamp review

Post by admin »

Jolida JD9 phono preamp

This tube based phono preamp is a true bargain in the audiophile world. At under $500 it really performs well compared to even more expensive models. However, the true benefit is the ability to mod this unit rather easily and turn it into a top performer that rivals phono preamps running in the thousands of dollars. I had bought this unit and did 4 upgrade mods to it. As there was no central repository for mod instructions I wrote my own step by step guide that I posted in the DIY topic category (here is the direct link: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13).

The vast array of settings also enable it to be compatible with any cartridge out there. I highly recommend that anybody interested check this little gem out.
Attachments
108217.jpg
108217.jpg (296.61 KiB) Viewed 2805 times
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Jolida JD9 phono preamp review

Post by admin »

For those interested, here is the settings sheet for the JD9. You can clearly see that there is just a huge range of cartridge/output settings available so you don't have to worry about matching the "right cartridge" for the preamp.
Attachments
JD9 settings
JD9 settings
jd9 settings.jpg (127.59 KiB) Viewed 2803 times
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.