Any owners of Mark Levinson or Pass Labs and CJ Pre's

Amps, preamps, speakers, cables, and any other Non-CJ products.
jahatl513
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Any owners of Mark Levinson or Pass Labs and CJ Pre's

Post by jahatl513 »

Hello, I've got a PV12, Premier 17LS, Premier 16LS2 and am looking at Mark Levinson No.532H and Pass Labs X-250.8 or Audio Research ???? Is there anyone who can speak to owning these with the CJ Pre's?
Thanks
Wildcat
Master
Master

Re: Any owners of Mark Levinson or Pass Labs and CJ Pre's

Post by Wildcat »

Super late reply. ;) Not exactly Pass Labs, but I've used a Nakamichi PA-7 in my system with my PV14L and it made some nice music. The PA-7 is a Nelson Pass "Stasis" design, which is like saying it was a lower-cost equivalent to Threshold. (The circuitry in both is remarkably similar.)
C-J PV-14L/C-J Premier 11/Martin Logan Spires/PS Audio DirectStream Jr./PS Audio AirLens
Technics SL-1210G/Nagaoka MP500/Dynavector XX2 Mk. II/SweetVinyl SugarCube/C-J EV-1
jahatl513
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Re: Any owners of Mark Levinson or Pass Labs and CJ Pre's

Post by jahatl513 »

I bought a PASS XA25 and mated it with a Pass XP-10 Pre. It was at first impressive for a week. I then paired the amp with a CJ ET-5 using an AMPREX tube (6922). The CJ blew it away in all areas of dimension and spacial experience. The XA25 drives my Wilson Audio Sophia II's well enough to be full time SS amp. My ART 150 is getting superb and more memorable every time I use it. The solid state XA25 is absolutely superb as well and it fulfills my desires for ss when I want it. Next I'll try the Premier 16ls2 on it and see.