WTB CA-200

A nice place to sell, buy, and trade anything (without the fees). See something on sale at another site, talk about it here.
Ipoci
Regular
Regular

WTB CA-200

Post by Ipoci »

I'm looking for a CA-200 integrated amplifier.
Cheers Massimiliano
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Re: WTB CA-200

Post by joeinid »

http://app.audiogon.com/listings?utf8=% ... ext=Conrad

There are 2 on Audiogon right now. It's an amazing piece. I miss mine.
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by Joe Appierto »

As Joe as pointed out there are two currently available and at fair prices on Audiogon. I'm not sure exactly how familiar you are with the CA200. It's often pointed out that the CA200 is one-half of the Premier 350 amplifier and that's true to a point. While they do share a great deal in common the CA200 does not have some of the premium parts found in the 350, including the CJD Teflon capacitors. The latter is missing because there's no physical room to fit them in. Which brings up the second point, the CA200 is housed in the Premier 18LS's casework, they're identical in that respect. However, their circuitry is different.

All of this having been said, I own a CA200 and absolutely love it. :) The CA200 replaced a Premier 16LS2 and Premier 140 with the CJD Teflon caps and while I do miss my former set-up on occasion, I've never regretted getting the CA200.

Please excuse me if you know all of this but I just wanted to point out what might not have been known to you.
Oppo BDP-105D and PSA DS DAC
C-J CA200
Polk T50
In-Akustik Exzellenz Cat 6, Kimber IC, Q-Audio SC, Blue Circle and Acrolink power cords; PSA Juice Bar and Duet PLC
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Great information Joe. Thank you from me. I was not fully aware of the differences. I totally regret selling the one that I had.
Ipoci
Regular
Regular

Post by Ipoci »

Thanks for point me to Audiogon but they do not ship overseas where I'm located …

I'm a fan of highly rate integrated amplifiers, I owned a lot of them but never had the opportunity to sound a CS-200 … now it's time to fill the gap … ;-)

Have a nice day. Massimiliano