Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
SPRINGBOK10
Beginner
Beginner

Hi from Connecticut (another:))

Post by SPRINGBOK10 »

Hi,
Ive been a CJ fan since the 1970s. I have CJs at work and at home. MF 2250 driving Allison 4s at work, Premier 14 PV, driving Thor TPA MkIIs with Tyler D-10s, and PV 10 BL at home, in a vintage room - my study) - McIntosh MR-71, Restored Hitachi 7500 and Allison 3 speakers. Still prefer the "old" CJ sound to all the newies............the tube preamps mate so well with ss amps, too.
Denis
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Re: Hi from Connecticut (another:))

Post by joeinid »

Hi Dennis,

Welcome!

I had Allison 4's in college. I loved those speakers but did not understand at the time what I had in my possession. Wonderful sound.
ZNine
Regular
Regular

Post by ZNine »

Good to see another CT resident on here, and welcome to the site. Having CJs at work seem like quite a delight, where do I send my resume? :D
antaresbluespirit
Pro
Pro

Post by antaresbluespirit »

SPRINGBOK10 wrote:Hi,
Ive been a CJ fan since the 1970s. I have CJs at work and at home. MF 2250 driving Allison 4s at work, Premier 14 PV, driving Thor TPA MkIIs with Tyler D-10s, and PV 10 BL at home, in a vintage room - my study) - McIntosh MR-71, Restored Hitachi 7500 and Allison 3 speakers. Still prefer the "old" CJ sound to all the newies............the tube preamps mate so well with ss amps, too.
Denis
Hi Dennis,

Yes I agree, I had a best match using my previous MF2250 with thePV8/PV10A ,also less details but more "matters" with the "old"CJ sound
what about your CD' system or turntable?

Raymond
SPRINGBOK10
Beginner
Beginner

Post by SPRINGBOK10 »

Hi Raymond, Those are newer:) Denon/APL heavily modded CDP, VPI TNT Jr with Dynavector 20 MC, George Wright WPP 20 phono preamp.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

SPRINGBOK10 wrote:Hi,
Denis
Welcome SPRINGBOK10!

I grew up in CT myself and just spent the weekend down there visiting family. I also enjoy the earlier conrad johnson equipment. I have yet to encounter a manufacturer of electronics that you can enjoy so well even 20 or 30 years after they released the model. I used a PF-2 for awhile, and then went to the PV-12. Great stuff.

Congrats on the setup. If you have time, post some pictures in the "Member System Gallery" subforum if you have time! Once again, welcome!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.