Greetings from Madison, WI

Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
mrfarnham
Beginner
Beginner

Greetings from Madison, WI

Post by mrfarnham »

Greetings from Packers country (Green Bay Packers).

I'm not officially a CJ owner yet,
but I've just had an offer accepted for a CJ Sonograph SA250.

Based on everything I've read, it should do well by my Thiel CS2s (they were a gift).

I'm now beginning the search for a pre-amp.
Since I've chosen CJ for the amp, choosing a CJ pre-amp would certainly be a logical choice.

Cheers,
Mike
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Greetings from Madison, WI

Post by admin »

Mike,
Welcome to the site, great to have you. Anybody who is a fan of CJ can be a member, you don't have to be an owner, however, it seems like your going to join the club very soon! :)

When you get your system up, let us know how it turns out. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with your Conrad Johnson components. CJ has some of the worlds best preamps so I'm sure you can find something in whatever price range you have in mind. Their older models are rather inexpensive on the used market. Sites like audiogon, ebay, and craigslist often have good deals.

Once again, welcome!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Jim Treanor
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jim Treanor »

Welcome, Mike.

And congratulations on your soon-to-be acquisition of a 250. I think you'll be very happy with it.
Living Room: Premier 17LS, MF2500, Win10 laptop, TEAC UD501, Paradigm SE-3
Bedroom: Luminous Audio Axiom II, MF2500, Win10 Laptop, TEAC UD501, Paradigm Studio 20 v.5
Home Office: Luminous Audio Axiom II, Sonographe SA250, Paradigm SE-1
wynnytsky
Regular
Regular

Post by wynnytsky »

CS2s don't suck! I connected them to a 50lbs NAD receiver for a friend and to my surprise, that doesn't suck either. Recently topped it off with an SCS3. Those 3 speakers play off the room like there are surrounds and a sub in the mix.

Are your CS2s doing home theater as well? If so, CJ's preamps PV-14 and up have the theater-pass-through. If you don't care about phono, my friend is selling a Premier 18LS on Audiogon. He left CJ for an all W4S and NuForce setup - boo.