Old CJ Iron

Post your system to the site for everyone to see!
C1ear
Regular
Regular

Old CJ Iron

Post by C1ear »

Here's my vintage system. Mv100 and premier 3 running classic AR3a's through a digital source (bluesound node 2/tidal). The AR's have had their mids rebuilt and have replaced the tweeters which just have our. Had to build a new x-over. The highs are much more precise them the origionals.

I like the way the whole set up looks, but my wife thinks they were designed by a German brutalist architect!! She prefers the Sx 1250 for it's looks, and prefers to listen to her I-phone for it's ease of use. O-well.
Attachments
1518212045798-2120124457.jpg
1518212045798-2120124457.jpg (2.91 MiB) Viewed 1094 times
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Old CJ Iron

Post by admin »

Very cool setup. I agree, looks "vintage". Goes really well with the room decor. Congrats on the setup.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Old CJ Iron

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Very nice C1ear,
That must be one sweet sound indeed.

I was just wondering whether you had a TT rig before using the digital front, and what that would have sounded like... Perhaps warmer or more expansive in the mids & highs?
Also looking at the monitors, did you ever think of raising them a bit higher, perhaps on special stands that will actually elevate the soundstage and add superb depth that tubes are capable of.
Just my 50cts thinking about the wonderful times I had with ProAc Tablet monitors (series 3) a premier 11A and a pv12, it was a beautiful sound, and most relaxing.

Definitely far more engaging than today's iPhone!
Cheers mate and enjoy, RJ