CJ parts for Vintage Equipments

Discuss and chat about all things Conrad Johnson.
sanjeeew
Beginner
Beginner

CJ parts for Vintage Equipments

Post by sanjeeew »

good day to you. i have a PF-R pre amp and badly in need of IC DG421CJ ( 5 numbers) and Z86E0812PSC. can you help me to buy them please. i have paypal and its extremely difficult to find in this region.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: CJ parts for Vintage Equipments

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Hey Sanjeev,
Very interesting to know that you have a pfr!
Back in my home country, Sri Lanka, many years ago, the last preamp I used was a pfr!

Yes, I agree parts are not available in that region, if that's the same region you're from. I used to deal with conrad johnson directly, and get the parts from them or through the distributor in Singapore. They are very easy to deal with and have been servicing c-j equipment for more than 20 years.

I would first suggest that you get in touch directly with cj and talk to someone who can order the parts for your pfr. Their contact details are on their website and fax or email is the easiest. I used to call them first and then place the order via email. Payment was done either credit card or direct transfer to cj's account.

This site is based in the US, and I am in Australia. I can easily get you these parts, however by the time it arrives to your region, after paying for shipping, handling, customs, duty and goodness knows what else, you might as well get a new preamp!

There used to be a service chap at cj, named Ed. He has retired now but they will definitely have someone else in charge of this department if customers required help.

What region are you in? I would suggest best to contact cj directly, they are excellent at customer service!
This will take some time though. ..
Cheers mate, and hope you get the pfr fixed soon.
RJ
sanjeeew
Beginner
Beginner

Post by sanjeeew »

Hi friend

thank you very much for taking the trouble to reply. I appreciate it a lot. i am from Sri Lanka too. i thought my location is given in my online status. Anyway i have tried contacting CJ on their service email that is service@conradjohnson.com. That mail was returned for unknown reasons. Will try calling them. my local time is 11 morning which means its still 01 morning back in US. Is there a definite place in Singapore that i can visit to purchase them. I was in fact planing to go there personally and pick it. but still could not find a shop that sells them. can you please indicate contact details of few stockists in Singapore, because its faster then to get it shipped from USA. Im glad you have been to my country. was that on holiday or you migrated later on?

thank you again

cheers
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Sanjeev, how's it going mate;

Ok, you tried emailing them but the mail bounced back, not sure as to why. Yes, calling them would definitely work. Ask for their service/ technical dept, and they will transfer your call right away.

Regarding Spore, I know the dealers there but they do not stock such parts in their store. Only the cj distributor will order the necessary parts through a dealer for the customer. This is how the channel works, and since yhere is no distributor/dealer for cj any more in SL, thus is the problem. One of my good friends, Arujuna Andrado , prestige audio used to deal with cj about 15 years ago. That's where I got the pfr. I left SL in 2004 and this pfr was sold later...
I am off on vacation and will be back Oct13. In the meantime if ican get hold of someone who can help you with these parts, I will certainly forward their contact details to you, not to worry.
If you need to reach me via email:
rajeevjayasinghe@gmail.com
I'll check out how best to help you because I understand when things go wrong, especially with these components, and there is no one to help it feels very discouraging.
Will be touch, RJ
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

G'day Sanjeev,

I managed to contact c-j and their email address and phone nos. are working fine!
You need to contact them directly since there is no dealer in Colombo, and place your order. C-J is the only company who can provide original parts, and they do have stock. By what you have stated, you only require a few IC's, and not major parts, this shouldn't be a problem.
email address: service@conradjohnson.com
Phone: 703 698 8581

Please **Note** The above email address should not have any spaces or any dots after the com
Also when calling them, just request for the service department, and a technical person will answer straight away. Their service is excellent and you will not have a problem ordering these parts. You need to provide a shipping address, and proper details for them to send you the package in the post. Payment will be made prior to delivery and they will give you an estimated delivery time.

I would suggest that you do this if you want original parts for your PFR. Even if you go through S-pore, the c-j dealer will have to order the parts from c-j directly since they are genuine dealers and not unauthorized third party.

If you follow c-j's advise, you'll be in good hands!
All the best and do let us know how you go.
Cheers, RJ