Hello from Costa Rica...and a ET-5 preamplifier.

Discuss and chat about all things Conrad Johnson.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Hello from Costa Rica...and a ET-5 preamplifier.

Post by roberto »

Hola. I know that this is a very new forum and I think it is a great idea. I have being with CJ since 82. Also I represent CJ here in Costa Rica. CJ is to my ears, one of the best audio brands on the market. I recently got the new ET-5 preamplifier, and wow!, what a sound stage, a truly 3 D sound!!! Also, the bass quality is one of the best that I ever listened too. It is crystal clear with tons of info and very fun to use. I do not like the noise that it makes when you increase or decrease the volume level or the balance L to R... but it is a mechanical noise and does not belong to the audio signal, so, when you find the volume level that you want to listen, there you go!. It is warmth enough to give you the right tonal harmonic texture of any musical instrument!. The body of the violin is so right, that I get goose bumps all the time. The piano, wow! the piano... it is so easy to understand the left hand vs right hand!. The dimension of the piano musical scales is one of the best too. I is an experience to listen this incredible unit. It is not the top of the line, and gives to you all this!... I do believe that it is very difficult to find another preamp on this price range that gives you so much as this unit does. Now, how about dynamics? All I can say, it is a precision tool with the right amount of everything. To my ears, another jewel to shine in the circle of quality components! To all, I wish you a very happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Costa Rica...and a ET-5 preamplifier.

Post by admin »

Welcome from Costa Rica!!

Wow, since '82! You certainly have a great history of experience with CJ. The ET-5 looks awesome. If you have time maybe you can do a little formal review of it in the viewforum.php?f=10 "Preamp section" of the site? I'm using the PV-12 but boy would would I like to get my hands on something like the ET-5. Perhaps some pictures of your setup as well?

Once again, great item and thanks for joining up and help start this great online community of CJ fans! :)
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

You are going to kill me, but I brought it for a special customer. He is a very dedicated audiophile. So, before I gave it to him, I had it in my system for over 15 days. I usually do this, because new things are better to check them right, so you do not have an issue with electronics. Do not get me wrong here. It is just a safe rule that I always try to do, making sure that everything is working the way it should be. You are spending some bucks to have everything working right, and if something arises, you have all the factory support behind you. CJ to my ears, it is the most truthful sound. The quality of the electronic parts inside any unit, and the quality of how it is built is evident. Bill Conrad and Lew Johnson, dear friends of mine, had done their homework with these outstanding products. You can contact CJ for kits for your PV-12. I think there are many different kits available for different models, like PV-10, etc. I do like tube sound, and CJ use semiconductors and transistors too. But, the behavior of the semiconductors are all F.E.T. an electronic device that sounds like close to tube sound. Also, I have being servicing CJ for all these past years, and all I can say is: Thanks CJ for such wonderful sound and many years of listening pleasure!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Beyond the fact that CJ equipment sound so great is the excellent quality and service that is associated with these products. As I posted here viewtopic.php?f=17&t=14 when I had a tube go bad in my PV-12, the support that these quality products have are unparalleled in the electronics world. When somebody buys one of these products they are literally buying "quality." There is a trust that these components will be functioning for many years to come.
-admin
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
ll21
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by ll21 »

Hey guys...just saw this website link in another forum...Whats Best Forum. I've owned CJ pre and/or amps consecutively since 2000. Currently run CJ GAT and really enjoy it...my favorite preamp. I have heard Tidal, ARC Ref 5 & 5SE, Krell Evo 2, Shindo Massetto...and asked dealers who sold Shindo Petrus, Wavac PRT-1 and Zanden 3000...and was told go with the CJ GAT. I did and have enjoyed it every day!

I have had PV14L, MV60, ACT 2 and now run GAT with SS Class amp. One last point...i think Ed at CJ is incredibly honest, forthright and responsive...great stuff! I have mentioned it to Lew Johnson once who was also equally responsive. Look forward to hearing more from fellow CJ folks.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I had the same impression of Ed when I called CJ to diagnose a problem I was having with my preamp. He really knows his stuff and gives really great advice. Matter of he was able to help me narrow down the problem to 1 tube so I didn't have to replace both (which saved me money)! He's also a true audiophile himself. We were chatting about classical music.
-admin
jzaret
Regular
Regular

Post by jzaret »

Hola Roberto,
This is Jeff (jzaret) from the ML Forum. I hope all is well and you are doing well with business and health. I have been out of work for 18 months now so I have not bought a lot of stereo gear. :(. I am surviving at the moment. IT is good to know you are here too.

Take Care

Jeff