Art Series 3

The PV-1 to now...
aldinohiend
Advanced
Advanced

Art Series 3

Post by aldinohiend »

Do you think this ART Series 3 with IEC trays is original or not?
Attachments
IMG_3758.JPG
IMG_3758.JPG (478.94 KiB) Viewed 491 times
Aldo
McIntosh MCD 1100
Conrad-Johnson GAT / Conrad-Johnson Premier 350 / Magneplanar 3.7i
Conrad-Johnson Premier 16 LS2 / Conrad-Johnson Premier 140
Conrad-Johnson Premier 18 / Conrad-Johnson MF-2500a / Dynaudio Confidence 5
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Art Series 3

Post by admin »

No, not original. That is a modification.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
aldinohiend
Advanced
Advanced

Post by aldinohiend »

Thank you so much
Aldo
McIntosh MCD 1100
Conrad-Johnson GAT / Conrad-Johnson Premier 350 / Magneplanar 3.7i
Conrad-Johnson Premier 16 LS2 / Conrad-Johnson Premier 140
Conrad-Johnson Premier 18 / Conrad-Johnson MF-2500a / Dynaudio Confidence 5
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Yep, correct. Those are mods but perhaps done quite well or at least I'm hoping whoever the techie was, did a good job!

Although the ART preamp and many top tier amplifiers at the time such as, premier 11, 12 & 8 had fixed power cords, we did have customers who came to us to install IEC type connectors. Simply because they wanted to use their preferred choice of power cords.

I remember at the time corresponding with LJ about this, and during that time power cords weren't a major selection component amongst the highend during that time, compared to interconnects or speaker cables. So there was not much focus on such cords. Of course later on, CJ and a host of others switched over to IEC type immediately, and so the trend of using fancy power cords took off... the rest is history!

As long as the job was done correctly there shouldn't be any issues. BTW, are you using IEC type power cords or are you experiencing any problems... just remember whatever you plan to use, get the best possible power cord you can afford. They do make a difference and very positive results.

Cheers, all the best
RJ
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yup, RJ summed it up well. Many older CJ units have had their power cord components modified. My Evolution 2000 amp had an IEC put in and my CJ DAC had a higher end cord put in prior to my purchase. Pretty common modifications.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.