New Short-time CJ owner

Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
rff000
Frequent User
Frequent User

New Short-time CJ owner

Post by rff000 »

I have liked audio since I used to buy my equipment from the now defunct Lafayette Radio in New Jersey back in the 1960's. Later, I owned some McCormack equipment which was how I first heard about CJ. My McCormack amps (bridged Micro Power Drives) eventually needed lots of work and I gave up after spending a few hundred dollars and still needing more repairs. Then I tried a Parasound amp, but I needed more wattage to drive my NHT 6 ohm speakers, so I decided to change amps again.

To make a long story even longer, yesterday I bought a CJ MF-2550 in near mint condition and I may have finally solved my audio problems at my advanced age. It sounds better than anything I previously have owned. I'm using it with my passive McCormack pre-amp and I have no complaints. Glad to see a dedicated CJ owners website.

One more thing. I now live 12 miles from the CJ Design, Inc., just in case I need them for some reason.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Short-time CJ owner

Post by admin »

Welcome to CJO, great to have you with us!

I think you will really enjoy the MF-2550. A very solid unit. Having CJ just "down the block" is a nice convenience as shipping some of their heavier units is a major pain.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: New Short-time CJ owner

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Nice one on the MF2550, not just an ordinary amplifier.
It has plenty of high current capacity to control and drive virtually any speaker load, 6 ohms, 4 or even less than 1 ohm, it can handle it all. I used one to drive my CLX's whenever I need my tube monoblocks serviced. I usually keep the MF2550SE for nearly a month, and each time I find it very difficult to let go...

Note, I used the MF2550SE version, and yes I've also tried the non SE version. Both are well capable amplifiers of extraordinary performance. The SE version just takes things to another level, refinement, definition and resolution, other than that things are pretty much the same. The Teflon caps in the SE version take an awful long time to burn-in properly, several 100 hours, so it's not something that will outperform the standard version right away, it takes quite a while.

Nonetheless, that's one superb amplifier that CJ produced, and sadly no longer in production. It will drive your NHT's to glorious levels, no issues whatsoever.

Enjoy those fine tunes! Cheers & welcome to CJO.
Big WOOF!!! RJ