WTB: Conrad-Johnson TR-1 or HV-2 MC step up components

A nice place to sell, buy, and trade anything (without the fees). See something on sale at another site, talk about it here.
Billy Budapest
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

WTB: Conrad-Johnson TR-1 or HV-2 MC step up components

Post by Billy Budapest »

I am looking for a Conrad-Johnson TR-1 MC step up transformer or HV-2 MC step up nuvistor preamp. Conrad-Johnson calls both of them “pre-preamps” which I guess is what they are.

I have seen both of these on the market within the last two years so I know I am not crazy looking for gear from circa 1981.

Thanks! Eric
steve.austin
New User
New User

Re: WTB: Conrad-Johnson TR-1 or HV-2 MC step up components

Post by steve.austin »

Hi Billy,

I stumbled on your 'Wanted' ad as I was searching the internet for additional info on the C-J TR-1 SUT I'm getting ready to list on USAudioMart. Your 'Wanted' message is ~2 years old, so might be way too late to touch base with you about this. If you're still interested, I am happy for forward you additional pictures of the unit (I've attached two here). I've had it for several years, and used it with success with a variety of cartridges (Denon DL-103SA, Benz Micro L, Hana SL, Sumiko Celebration etc.). I'm going to list it on USAM for $400, which is what I believe I bought it for. I actually have about 10 SUTs I acquired that I'm actually getting ready to list - time to thin the equipment herd.
Anyways, just let me know. If I've found you way after you were in the market for one of these, pardon the intrusion, and all the best to you :)

Stephen
Austin, TX
("steve.austin" on eBay, "Steveaustin" on Audiogon -- both with 100% feedback for 25+ and 20 years, respectively -- also, "steve_austin" on USAM ~9 years, also w/100% feedback)

P.S.
I just created my CJO account here so I could respond to your ad - no previous history here to speak of, just FYI.
Attachments
Conrad-Johnson SUT_2.jpg
Conrad-Johnson SUT_2.jpg (92.02 KiB) Viewed 281 times
Conrad-Johnson SUT_7.jpg
Conrad-Johnson SUT_7.jpg (99.69 KiB) Viewed 281 times