presentation peoma

Post your system to the site for everyone to see!
peoma
Beginner
Beginner

presentation peoma

Post by peoma »

Buongiorno a tutti,
I am Italian and live Rome. My first setup is Roksan xerxes - Ortofom mc20 super, Sony pcm 7040, teac vrds, marantz cd14, bartolomeo aloia pst200 as phono preamp, Audiosophia as line preamp and tube amp for tweeter, crown psa2 for bass, magnepan 3,6r etc..
Recently I decided to improve my second ss system adding a tube preamp. As a friend of mine gifted me a cj pv2 deeply modified and without alimentation board, I began to search and luckely found the schematics reading a post on this forum, but I didn't find the component list.
Could You help me to find it?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: presentation peoma

Post by admin »

Welcome to CJO, great to have you with us. I've been in Italy numerous times (but unfortunately not since the pandemic started) and it is such a beautiful country with a rich history.

As a fellow magnepan user I find that CJ just plays so well with planar speakers. The PV2 is is a classic. Great classic preamp. Unfortunately if the component list is not in our database, then we don't have it.

If you have any pictures of your system I would love to see it. Again, welcome to our forum!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola and welcome poema.

Usually the resistors of Conrad Johnson are 1 watt of power dissipation. Also they are not made of carbon. Vishay resistors are also the brand. The tolerance are 1% too. The caps are made of polystyrene and propylene. Depending of the model, the new Teflon caps are used too. These caps are very expensive. The right channel use the same values of the left channel. The power supply use a normal transistors. They are easy to get or the transistor substitute works fine too. The zener diodes, the power dissipation usually is 1 watt.

You are restoring a 40 years device...

I hope that this might help you a little bit.

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
peoma
Beginner
Beginner

Post by peoma »

hello,
many thanks for welcoming and suggestions.
The previous owner of Cj2 made some "upgrades" on the phono and line board, consisting in substitution of mkp or mkt with oil caps. This is not a problem because if it affects the sound i will try other caps. Resistors test the same on each channel, so i think i will not change them.
What I have to do is build a power supply board having schematic withoud any value of tension. I could image a generic 300 volts cc for anode but this could be not true for tubes on phono board.
However I'll try my best and inform you about the results.
I will send some images of my first setup with Magnepan too.

Have a nice Sunday
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
peoma
Beginner
Beginner

Post by peoma »

thank for help Roberto, the link You posted shows a cj pv2 but i have six tubes on the boards. Three ecc83 on the first and one ecc83 and two 5751 on the second board. I was wrong about model, mine should be a pv1. However the psu of pv2 should be better.
Thanks again
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

CJ PV1.pdf
(199.21 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
Hola Peoma,
This is what I have for the PV-1.
Happy listening!
peoma
Beginner
Beginner

Post by peoma »

Hola roberto,
thanks very much indeed for pv1's schema and part list! What I really needed to restore it. I'll post the result when the ps board will be ready.
Happy listening