Replacement 6922 tubes

The PV-1 to now...
Carl
Regular
Regular

Replacement 6922 tubes

Post by Carl »

I can not find EH 6922 tubes for my CJ 17 LS (thanks to that terrible war). What replament tubes do you advice?
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Re: Replacement 6922 tubes

Post by Joe Appierto »

At one point I owned the 17LS and found that a wide variety of tubes sounded fine in the preamp.

You might want to try various vendors such as Tube Depot and do a search on 6922.

https://www.tubedepot.com
Oppo BDP-105D and PSA DS DAC
Conrad Johnson CA200
MartinLogan EML
In-Akustik Exzellenz Cat 6 Ethernet and HDMI, Q-Audio IC and speaker cables, and Acrolink 6N P4030 power cords; PSA Duet PLC and Juice Bar, Oyaide R1 wall outlets
SteveFord
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Post by SteveFord »

I like old Sylvanias in the 17LS.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

I just checked Upscale Audio’s inventory and as I write this, they’ve got two versions of the 6922 in stock, including EH.

https://upscaleaudio.com/collections/va ... -new-stock

I’d be surprised if CJ didn’t have some too. I recently bought three directly from them. $371 with shipping 😱. I did this to support CJ, not because I thought their tubes were better.

You can get the EH 6922s from Upscale for less than half that.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

$371 smackers for a few 6922's...uh?

Well I'm not sure what on earth's going on over there but these are very affordable at Watford Valves. Both 6922 varieties from EH to Jan Phillips (gold pin vs standard) and some other fancy ones between $15 to couple $100 each, depending on what you fancy. The choice is yours!

Cheers, RJ
Carl
Regular
Regular

Post by Carl »

Upscale audio does not sell in Europe. But very usefull information.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

I've now been placing all my tube orders with Watford Valves UK.

For some good reason their quality is consistent. Especially when I ordered low noise, low microphonics and matched pairs or matched quads, they sent exactly that! Not one has ever flinched one bit, and I'm starting to think if they can do this, why can't the others stick with similar standards and charge "reasonable prices" rather than drug money... seriously mate!

I just came across another add here, somewhere in the Gold Coast (up state Queensland) the idiot wanted $990 just for a pair of 6922's, claiming to be some very special NOS grade... yeah right! Perhaps it came out of Mrs T-Rex's back side! What a goose.

Even my trusted local supplier has gone bonkers, he's tripled his prices. Might as well stick with the more honest and sincere suppliers. Also, may I add, Derek Rocco is a great chap to deal with, he'll tell it like it is! No BS with Derek.

Cheers, RJ