Shipping - round two

Everything not even remotely related to CJ.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Shipping - round two

Post by AnotherJohnson »

The LP275MS require three boxes and a total weight of around 240 pounds when packed up.

The fellow who bought them seemed quite knowledgeable about shipping options and he used this site to work out the transport.

https://www.uship.com/

I’d never heard of them, but he had had positive experience.

He described it to me as follows.

You post a description of the shipment (size, weight, pick up point, destination) and then guys bid for the job. Lower bids are obviously the goal for the person making the arrangements, but other factors like time frame, are important too.

I was willing to work with the winning bidder, which looks like it was less than half the cost of FedEx Ground.

The guy showed up within 10 minutes of our agreement.

Fifteen minutes later, he was pulling away. He had a helper, so no heavy lifting for me. The guy was very careful and professional.

I hope the amps make it to the destination unscathed. I expect that they will.

I would consider them myself the next time I’ve got something large to ship. Insurance? I don’t know. But the buyer is confident.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Shipping - round two

Post by admin »

Good to know. Let us know how this ended up. It definitely would be good to have other options than fedex and UPS.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Ah! So the LP275M's are finally off to a new home...
I also hope the new owner looks after them well and appreciates CJ's Linear Pentode amplifier series.

I wonder what preamp and speakers he's using at his end... hopefully something fabulous!
Best, RJ
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Big Dog RJ wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:49 am Ah! So the LP275M's are finally off to a new home...
I also hope the new owner looks after them well and appreciates CJ's Linear Pentode amplifier series.

I wonder what preamp and speakers he's using at his end... hopefully something fabulous!
Best, RJ
He posts here occasionally. I’ll let him speak for himself if he chooses. But it appears that he has had a long, and technically skilled love affair with the high end. He is just the sort of person I’d hoped would end up with the LP275Ms.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good to hear. I know it shouldn't matter where these units go but I sometimes have emotional attachments to some gear. This was especially true for my CJ Evolution 2000 amp. It went to a lovely gentlemen from Canada and he drove all the way down to pick it up. He was genuinely excited to get the amp and seemed like he really cared about the unit, and not just "another thing in the system." It made me feel better about letting it go.
-admin
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Oh yeah! Had that feeling too.

Every piece sold that was part of our personal reference system was quite difficult to let go. When I refer our, I'm not referring to my other dealer mates but my old pops! He was as attached to the gear just as I was. Going back to our very first trip to Spore, we picked up the legendary Bose 901 VI. Shipped it back to hometown, suspended from the ceiling using the 901 series kit, driven by Carver amplifiers it was great! Rocked the house! Of course as time went by, we both realised it was anything but legendary and sounded plain awful compared to a pair of Paradigm studio monitors driven by NAD gear. That was the first step into entry level decent audio, the rest is history!

As part of the personal reference system evolved, whenever a component was sold, it was nearly like an interview! Getting to know the buyer even without taking into consideration the offer being made. Man how things have changed, funny world it was.

I must say though, if you had an emotional attachment to any piece of audio gear, although it's a bit weird, it is actually a good thing! Simply because that piece of gear brought you many many hours of musical enjoyment! So obviously you'd be sad to let it go...

Only until the new gear develops into that great thing, where it's supposed to fill the void... but even then, I sometimes wonder how that old gear is doing? Has it brought great music to the next owner, has it behaved well, still operating perfectly upto spec... and most of all, is it being looked after by the next owner? Sometimes to this day, I'm still thinking of those wonderful Prem8A's, the ART preamp and those Apogee Diva's... now that's a legendary sound!

Good stuff Admin! I'm sure you've gotten over the Evo 2000, although your ART amps are truly in another dimension, it's quite natural to reminisce on those fine old tunes.
Cheers, RJ
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Some guys never sell any of their gear. They basically develop their own museum. These guys are usually called “bachelors.” 😁

Resellers love these guys when the estate is offered for consignment or sale.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

It has been reported that the 600 mile trip ended safely with the LP275Ms indoors at their new home. Picked up Friday. Delivered Sunday. Can’t beat that. 🥳
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Excellent. Maybe I will give this a try with the next bigger shipment.
-admin