PSAudio article on visit to D’Agostino

Amps, preamps, speakers, cables, and any other Non-CJ products.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

PSAudio article on visit to D’Agostino

Post by AnotherJohnson »

It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PSAudio article on visit to D’Agostino

Post by admin »

Their gear is amazing,... as is the price.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Oh yeah! Whenever I get the chance to meet my good mate in Spore, that one demo with those huge impressive Relentless monoblocks driving the mighty Maggie 30.7's was the highlight of those amp's capabilities. Totally different league when driving such large panels, and those require tremendous control.

After he passed along the 30.7's to another sub-dealer, he now has taken delivery of the new Genesis Tribute speakers. I also had the pleasure of listening to his personal system comprising of the CLX's and the Momentum monoblocks with the Momentum preamp. That's another fine combination of SS power on full range stats, and has a very similar awe-inspiring experience when driving the Alsyvox ribbons.

Now he's just received the order for the top of the line VAC Statements amplifiers and said he actually prefers these compared to the Relentless amps, such that the tube affect/full bodied presentation can't be emulated by SS devices. It's just another type of sound altogether. I guess it narrows down to personal preferences.

Amongst the other gear in his collection, I really enjoyed the Jadis monoblocks driving the Alsyvox, that particular combination was very fine. Now, his latest personal gear consists of CJ's ART108A's and the ART88. He's set them up with the Alsyvox Botichelli-X panels and now uses the ART300's on the CLX's, which I've heard during my last visit.
He passed along the Dartzeel monoblocks to that same sub-dealer who's using them for all their top-end demo systems and swears that the CJ ART108A's are overall superior! So this is definitely saying something... I really need to get there now!

The Momentum and Relentless amps are Dan D's finest ever made. They're really pricey but I guess if you can afford this level, there are no compromises at this stage. You're basically getting what they're worth. Every single component is built by hand, so Dan D's process is very labour intensive, hence the high price tags. This sort of meticulous hand made- high quality control process is something he couldn't do to the fullest at Krell. That's one of the reasons why he walked out

If you do happen to come across any of the Momentum or Relentless amps in person, they will stop you in your tracks! They're a true work of Art! Just to look at... forget the sound. Then when they start playing tunes, get ready for a serious ride! Absolutely spell bound in my experience.

Cheers to Dan D's designs!
Woof! RJ
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

I’ve auditioned the big D’Agostinos several times on various Wilson speakers. They’re great, but so are the Burmester Big Boys. And I actually prefer my ARC kit (REF250SE monoblocks).

Lots of great choices. All EXPEN$IVE.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.