Philips PCC88

From tubes to solid state.
jimbones
Super Pro
Super Pro

Philips PCC88

Post by jimbones »

Just tried a Philips PCC88 in my ET5. very nice top end and mids. Bass is so so. Very clear and articulate.
VPI Classic II, Dynavector 20X2L, Art Audio Vinyl Reference, CJ ET5 Linestage, CJ Premier 12's, NAD M23, Holo Spring 3 Dac, Emotica ERC3 Transport, Roon Rock, TWL, Wywires, etc
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Philips PCC88

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Could be you got a good one. Or at least a better sample than what you had. Nobody wants to accept this, but tubes vary from one sample to the next.

If you like this one, just use it until you don’t. And then hope the next one is good too. It probably will be.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
jimbones
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by jimbones »

AnotherJohnson wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:46 pm Could be you got a good one. Or at least a better sample than what you had. Nobody wants to accept this, but tubes vary from one sample to the next.

If you like this one, just use it until you don’t. And then hope the next one is good too. It probably will be.
Woof!

You say that as if the Philips is not a good or preferred tube? :geek:
VPI Classic II, Dynavector 20X2L, Art Audio Vinyl Reference, CJ ET5 Linestage, CJ Premier 12's, NAD M23, Holo Spring 3 Dac, Emotica ERC3 Transport, Roon Rock, TWL, Wywires, etc
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

jimbones wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:50 pm
AnotherJohnson wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:46 pm Could be you got a good one. Or at least a better sample than what you had. Nobody wants to accept this, but tubes vary from one sample to the next.

Woof!

You say that as if the Philips is not a good or preferred tube? :geek:
Not my intent. I am a tube rolling atheist. Every tube sample is different. Yet people listen to one sample and draw conclusions about the model in general.

It is much more important that the tube be good than that the tube be a particular equivalent model.

But folks have fun listening to tubes … it is clearly part of the hobby.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
jimbones
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by jimbones »

ahh got it. yes I did pay a couple of bucks for low noise microphonics and balanced
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

*Note*!!!
Each time someone else says "woof!" They have to pay me royalty fees... The "woof" is my line. Thanks 😊

Woof!
RJ
jimbones
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by jimbones »

Im going to owe you a lot of royalties lol
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Cheers JB mate. BTW, how's that ET5 singing along... should quite mighty fine with your Prem12's.

Have things opened up nicely, and are you getting more of the recording... rather than artifices or enhanced things.
Step above the Rogue?

Hope it's going well mate, enjoy those fine tunes!
Woof! RJ