Regenerator and my CJ monoblocks

Amps, preamps, speakers, cables, and any other Non-CJ products.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Regenerator and my CJ monoblocks

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Just out of curiosity, I read the manuals for the 27A and 108A.

Both say that they decided not to use “heavy handed” methods for ground and efi to avoid noise issues related to efi. They assert that their approach will be good for 99.9% of installations. A local problem can be addressed locally.

Since there will be no more than 250 27A units and no more than 125 pairs of 108A units, this means that no more than .375 users (less than one customer) will have a local problem.

I’d sure like to see the data that were used to come up with this. Especially since I’ve been told that they field calls on this issue every day.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

From above:

Both say that they decided not to use “heavy handed” methods for ground and efi to avoid noise issues related to efi. They assert that their approach will be good for 99.9% of installations. A local problem can be addressed locally.
EMI and RFI, not EFI.

If you’re actually interested, it’s in both manuals. I tried to copy it out, and may try again. But it looks like a new feature of the updated web site is thwarting my effort to copy it to paste it here.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

It will not copy and paste. It always has in the past. I guess now they’re worried about people stealing their manual material. Sigh …
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

I just took a screenshot
IMG_0821.jpeg
IMG_0821.jpeg (910.53 KiB) Viewed 16028 times
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

This pretty much closes the book on the current ART flagships for me. It sounds like the same ol’ design.

The single chassis stereo offerings do not exhibit this FLAW.
audiobill
Pro
Pro

Post by audiobill »

Aj, do you actually enjoy a little fun? Sure doesn't seem like it sometimes!

Looking forward to the next twenty pages or so on your next non-CJ purchase.

FYI, that's two Porsches!!

Best,

Bill
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Appreciate life and enjoy those fine tunes!

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Maties, what on earth is going on here...???

As I'm typing this, (tears as well) I was listening to the horrific events that have taken place in Hawaii and currently going on in Canada. I read the events on CNN news and listened to the entire pod cast by David Ryan on CNN and the events that have unfolded, utter utter disaster! Over 100 lives lost and the stories of devastation are endless.

And... here we are, yet again on an audio forum talking about the greatest and sadness of our previous systems... Some members have openly criticized other gear and certain brands for whatever reasons including CJ! ... why? Is it that insecurities are at play here? I really don't know. However, one thing I do know is that we'll always find a way to enjoy our music, in whatever shape, size or form, even if it's a BOSE 901! We can change all the gear we want with all the money we have, and yet it never ends! Given that no money nor any high-end audio system can give us sheer happiness compared to family and loved ones is not even comparable in the true sense of "happiness."

I've been on this journey for a few decades and have experienced very very lofty gear, yet those owners are never satisfied, simply because they have insecurities. Whatever those insecurities may be, obviously haven't been addressed, hence the constant change with gear, down-playing other gear, and claiming certain people have inabilities. This is disrespectful, and it is also hurtful.

Whenever I go through Spore or HK and get a chance to visit those private demos, yes it is awe-inspiring but not as content as spending time with my dad. After those few days I had the opportunity to spend with him and reminisce all those glory dealership years we had, the gear we sold and the systems we set up, it was a good laugh! Of course it was great times but every piece of gear we ordered and sold has a story behind it. At the end of our long chats, I realized having it all perfect really doesn't matter at all! We need to take a step back and thank our lucky stars! We have all the luxuries in the world! Compared to MOST others... we still have our homes, our loved ones and most of all our beloved audio gear. Just take a moment to absorb it all and just enjoy life!

I'm not the moderator here, all I am is a genuine person who loves music and especially recorded music on high quality playback systems. Therefore, we must all respect each other and appreciate what others have put together to form a very special system that they love and enjoy! Sometimes I'm quite shocked at all the negativity thrown at certain brands, and especially CJ. So to all members here, including my self, just take it easy maties and do enjoy those fine tunes!

Peace to all, RJ
petertg
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by petertg »

Is it right to say that RFI EMI is not the cause of ground loop issues? Still not sure why CJ mono blocks are susceptible to this issue. But their solution seems to be foolproof in remediating it.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

petertg wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:25 pm Is it right to say that RFI EMI is not the cause of ground loop issues? Still not sure why CJ mono blocks are susceptible to this issue. But their solution seems to be foolproof in remediating it.
I don't really view RFI/EMI in the same category of ground loops as ground loops are not from external sources but rather inherent to the circuit itself. I also don't approach the remedies the same with ground loops vs RFI/EMI.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

I just got for service an amplifier with a hum on only one channel. This amp came to my hands from another workshop. Thanks to God, it was not canibaliczed but the did try to find from where this unwanted hum came from. I was lucky.

I don't know the reason why, but the problem was an induction hum. The input cable from the RCA connector was addressed wrong, touching the AC 120V power transformer cable. I just addressed with a different path, and the problem was solved. Also, when I helped the customer to installed back the amp, he had very close to the amp's power transformer, the phono preamp, causing hum too. I just changed the position of it, and another problem solved.

These simple things can ruin the sound quality. Now a happy gentleman is enjoying his system again.

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Positioning can be very important. I can induce a hum on my hometheater subwoofer if I run the RCA cable directly over a power cord. Glad it worked out and it was a "relatively" easy fix.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.