Helping CJO be positive and welcoming

Comments about the site always welcome!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Helping CJO be positive and welcoming

Post by admin »

As some may have noticed, the tone of some of our discussions have turned somewhat negative in some topics. I have been very "hands off" when it comes to the moderation of CJO. This was by original design. I do not believe in censorship and my goal for CJO was always to foster open discussion for a brand that we all love. With that said, some of our recent discussions have turned to a negative light. Sometimes differences of opinions lead to heated debates, which in turn have perhaps ventured into quips and insults or just discouraging remarks about people or gear.

I would like to take some steps to make the site a more friendly and welcoming environment for everybody. This will be a work-in-progress but these will be the initial steps:

1) I humbly ask you, as members, to be mindful of your comments and responses to others. Before hitting that "submit" button consider if this may be offensive to others. Ask yourself if your post adds to the conversation or is simply "complaining". I believe, taking a minute to consider our statements will be the most effective thing we can do to keep our community positive.

2) Please use the "report this post" button (the little exclamation mark at the top right of each post) if you see a post that may be something that is disrespectful, not in line with our values, or simply something that you feels may warrant review. This will allow me to review the post and take appropriate moderation if needed.

As mentioned above, this is a work-in-progress. I do not want to inhibit any particular discussion or topic. But I would like CJO to be a generally positive and happy place that audiophiles and those who appreciate CJ can come and gather as well as share their experiences.

If anybody would like to share their thoughts here in public you are of course welcome to comment below. I can also be reached privately via PM as I value everybody's opinion. After all, this is your site as much as it is mine.

Thank you for everyone's contributions over the years and making CJO not only a repository of audio knowledge, but also a place of friendship.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Paolo
Super Pro
Super Pro

Re: Helping CJO be positive and welcoming

Post by Paolo »

Thank you very much, Mr. Admin. One of the most refreshing aspects of CJO is for me has been the friendly, helpful folks I've met here. Goodness knows there's more than enough negativity, anger, and hatred elsewhere online- not to mention in "real life."
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola Chicos,

Sometimes due to my language barrier (English) in my comments I might sound rude or perhaps not using the right words expressing what I wanted to say. If I offended someone or you felt that I was out of line, please feel free to write to me in private messages, and tell me where I wrote it.

Again, it is not my intention to be a braggart.
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

G'day maties, just to add since we're on the topic:

Ever since I was in my teens, and first heard of tube gear, I knew straight away this was a special kind of sound. It has body & soul and it was glorious!
Years passed on, and a few decades... ended up dealing in the high-end as a side gig, selling and setting up various configs for deserving customers and music enthusiasts in general, and developing strong relationships that still stand to this day! Ever since I've used tube gear, have experienced numerous problems with nearly every brand/make, hence nothing is bullet proof. However, if you've come to appreciate a certain type of gear that brings you immense joy, regardless of its quirks or intermittent problems, you'll always find a way to make it work rather than continuously complain about it...
Such gear will totally engage you in the music, fully immerse your senses and allow you to forget the rest of the world's issues and help you to relax. That gear has always been CJ for me. So no matter what, or what anyone complains about, it is very well designed to bring about the very best in high quality recorded music. That much I do appreciate!

A very big WOOF! and the very best to Admin and of course CJ.
Oh! and do enjoy those finest tunes.
Cheers, RJ
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good point RJ. High end can be finicky, tricky, and can often take a lot of effort to make it sound the best it can be. If you want simple, buy a $50 boombox with a cd player built in! :)

Much like anything in life, you get out what you put in. This has been my experience with CJ and high end audio in general.

Enjoy the tunes!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.