Issue with PV9A

Got a problem? See if other members can help you out. Registered users can download schematics, manuals and pictures.
Olivier-B
New User
New User

Issue with PV9A

Post by Olivier-B »

Hello everyone,

I'm posting from France (yes we love CJ here too !) and this is my first time here.

One month ago while I was playing music, there was a loud crack in the speakers. It's only a few days later that something happened : the PV9A didn't sing anymore. Nothing.

We noticed that a resistor was out (circled with red on the pic) and once we had put a new one in, everything sounded ok again.

Until, a couple of weeks later, I heard the crack again, that was this morning. I stopped everything as we do need to find the guilty issue. Some faulty valve ?

Anyway we need to see the schematics. Where can I get it, please ?

Thank you !

Olivier
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Issue with PV9A

Post by admin »

Welcome to CJO. Great to have you with us.

Sorry to hear about the troubles. Sounds like there is definitely something wrong if the same resistor went out twice. You can download the schematic from our database. Let us know how it goes.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.