Wow! Art 300 M/B are the Power amplifier of the year!

From tubes to solid state.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Wow! Art 300 M/B are the Power amplifier of the year!

Post by roberto »

The Art 300 mono blocks are WiFi Product of the year 2019.
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wow! Art 300 M/B are the Power amplifier of the year!

Post by admin »

And rightly so,... IMHO. :)
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
jeffreybehr
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Post by jeffreybehr »

...uhh...according to whom? Got a link?
Tin-eared audiofool, large-scale-Classical-music lover, and damned-amateur fotografer.
William Bruce Cameron: "...not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

HIFI+ Awards (3).pdf
HI fI AWARDS 2019
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 127 times
Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Yes, that's a definite! No doubt!

No matter what the critics say about the KT150 sounding too hi-fi ish... Over-blown and in your face a fat dynamic sound... Some of the critics being myself!

The first time I ever heard these beauties driving the very same CLX's that I have, I knew straight away this is something waaay out of the extraordinary!

It is probably the best all tube monoblock power amplifiers I've heard to date! Whereas in terms of SS, for me it's the Dan D'Augostino Relentless amplifiers.
Having the immense pleasure of listening to these very closely and extensively on both the CLX's and Alsyvox ribbons was one audition I'll never ever forget!

There are quite a few other brands who utilise the KT150 in their output stage but haven't quite got it right.
This is one very unique design that CJ has got accurate.

For those who can afford it, go for it!
Very nice one indeed, cheers RJ
jeffreybehr
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Post by jeffreybehr »

roberto wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:12 pm HIFI+ Awards (3).pdf

Happy listening!
TY.
Tin-eared audiofool, large-scale-Classical-music lover, and damned-amateur fotografer.
William Bruce Cameron: "...not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
bear
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by bear »

I have heard the ART 300's as well and agree with all that they are superb sounding. Agree with Big Dog that if you have the deep pockets for these go get them

For less coin the stereo ART 150 is also amazing. I would definitely choose that stereo amp over the new low powered ART 27A.

I have heard the excellent but very expensive Alsyvox ribbons as well, but with high power solid state. Would love to hear these speakers with CJ amps to see how they compare with Martin Logans.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Yes, the Alsyvox ribbons are mighty fine but as Bear mentioned come at a mighty fine price tag! I think if memory serves me right, their entry level panel goes for around 85 grand, if it lands in Aus, it would be priced similar to the Neoliths, which are around 140 grand AUD dollars, that's an awful lot of dollars!

For 140 grand you can get Graz's ribbons as a top line ribbon panel which he builds from scratch that are exactly the same as Apogee Diva's but fully refurbed by Graz using very powerful magnets.

The Alsyvox ribbons use extremely powerful magnets, the most expensive money can buy, hence making the speaker costly and highly efficient. It doesn't need an awful lot of power to drive compared with an Apogee ribbon but does require a lot of current as most panels do. I found the Alsyvox ribbons to be full of bite, razor sharp in transients across the full freq spec, whiplash bass energy, and split second dynamics, along with speed, total transparency and realism. Driven with the Relentless amps it was outstanding! Also along with an outstanding price once again.

Comparing this to the ART300's driving CLX's, it was similar in terms of what I described above, however with a bit more added weight in the bottom end and more thump and heft in the bass with greater agility on the Alsyvox. However, the most significant aspect of the CLX's with the ART300's is the mid-range control, it is unbelievable! The musicality and palpability plus transparency across is superb! And the bass is perfect, it's well balanced, goes deep and super fast when called for on the recording, this doesn't miss a thing.

Both are very very fine panel systems, each offering special attributes over the other, you can happily live with either type and be very content for life. At the end of the day, it all depends on budget, tastes, musical enjoyment, audio engineering and personal enthusiasm. If you have the room, and both systems require the room to breathe, and if you've got the extra funds, I would go Alsyvox & the Relentless, it was an awesome level of realism.

Then again, in my opinion and case in life, having been through so many types of systems & journies, and having gone full circle to tubes & stats, my passion will always remain with CJ. It's very hard for me to divert from the type of musical engagement that CJ delivers with the CLX's. It just feels right... Or should I say - "just sounds right"!

Another thing with the ART300's driving CLX's with all the fancy cabling and solutions on very high-End source gear, plus the GATS2, for that kind of expenditure comparing with the system I've put together along with all the added special upgrades done on nearly every component internally, for much less cost the performance I experience overall par on par is really not that far away...

That's the beauty of CJ, nearly any of their products sound great! They offer a certain level of consistency, quality and sheer musicality that has only marginal improvements as you go up the models... Even comparing from an older premier series, such as the premier 8A compared with the ART300's is not a big margin. Both have their superb characters and are legendary in sound, both offer a very high level of sonic perfection, it's hard to downplay the premier series amplifiers. Then comes the LP series monoblocks and now the Classic series amps, partnered with the perfect preamp of choice, will provide a lifetime of SOTA sound.

This however is not the case in most other brands. For example, ARC gear sounds very different from model to model, plus only their Reference series is of high quality. Similarly I found vast contrast between Pass Labs amplifiers. Big differences from the standard series, XA series and then the XS series, which is totally different. And the price variation is a huge contrast!

Gladly CJ doesn't have this major contrast in overall performance plus sound. They are truly beautiful audio instruments offering the user a special listening experience, where you will definitely enjoy your favourite recordings regardless of what amplifier you may wish to use. And this is a very rare and good thing!

I sincerely hope CJ will continue to do this and not get too deviated from the affordable Classic series line up.

Like I said, if you've got the finsnces and necessary budget, the ART300's are right up their in a class of its own. But if you've put together a carefully well laid out CJ system comprising of closely matched pre-power combination, the overall presentation and naturalness is just as fine!

Cheers to all and keep those tunes playing!
Best, RJ