Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
Docjowe
Beginner
Beginner

New member from France.

Post by Docjowe »

Hi to all!
I’m Docjowe, living in Paris, France. I’m a retired boomer and still loving good music, and fine equipment.
I own a MV50 which is sounding fine. Other equipment from Threshold, Krell, ARC and Diy preamplifier +RIAA stage.
Speakers are diy of my own conception, 4 speakers 3 ways tall and heavy columns .

I’m looking for information about the value of the four electrolytic caps in the power supply, and eventually a source for supplying them.
I was told about film capacitors as replacements. Any thoughts about that point?

Thanks for accepting me as member.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New member from France.

Post by admin »

Hi Docjowe,
Great to have you here with us on CJO! I've been to Paris numerous times and it's one of my favorite places in the world to visit. Just really beautiful.

We have a schematics section here on CJO where you may be able to find more info on individual components. Can you tell us a little more about the DIY speakers? I'm always interested in hearing about what people have come up with on their own.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Docjowe
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Docjowe »

Hi admin ! 😊

Thanks for the welcome.
I’ll post some pics of my speakers tomorrow.
Happy to be part of the CJ family.
D.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola and welcome Docjowe,

As I recall, the capacitors at the MV-50 are made at your Country. Many of them are made in France. Superb quality products!. If you decided to change them, remember 1) Same capacitance 2) Same voltage rating or higher.

By the way, I never had an issue with a capacitor into the MV-50. They had measured with the value stated printed at the caps. Can you explain to us a little more about your seeking into its quality sound? Perhaps tube rolling?

Welcome again and have a great

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.