Premier Five

Discuss and chat about all things Conrad Johnson.
argento
Regular
Regular

Premier Five

Post by argento »

Hi guys, I am a loyal admirer of old and new Conrad Johnson products.
Among the various devices I'm the proud owner of a pair of fantastic Premier 5 amps, I'd like to revalve and refurbish.
Please any advice about which valves to use and if need to replace the original capacitors.

I am also looking for the face plate of the right channel (or both) as it has been damaged during transport.
I hope in you :D

Bye
Cristian
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Premier Five

Post by admin »

Hi Cristian,

Don't own the Premier 5 myself, but I have ordered tubes from CJ directly and never had a bad experience or outcome. So I guess that would be one place to go. I've also ordered from tubedepot before. Sorry, I can't make specific suggestions. Let us know what you think if you do get to do some tube rolling.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
jeffreybehr
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Post by jeffreybehr »

CJ also has a Teflon-capacitor upgrade for the Premier 5; you might ask what that costs...but I'm sure it will be a bit breathtaking, as will the cost of 16 high-quality EL-34 output tubes.

Do let us know what you do.

service@conradjohnson.com
Tin-eared audiofool, large-scale-Classical-music lover, and damned-amateur fotografer.
William Bruce Cameron: "...not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
argento
Regular
Regular

Post by argento »

Many thanks, 3 days ago I sent CJ service my questions, but no answer at the moment
About face plates, Do you think is possible to find as spare parts?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

CJ is usually really good with customer service. Not sure if this coronavirus has changed their business, maybe that is the reason for the delay. I think if you are looking for a faceplate only, CJ will most likely be the only place that may have one. Not a lot of CJ faceplates floating around on the free market.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.