Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
goldminer60
Regular
Regular

Post by goldminer60 »

Finally became a member today. I've been a CJ enthusiast since 1979. Retired 4yrs now I have the time to enjoy and explore all the possibilities available. Obtaining information about Conrad Johnson from the different publications and the web was tiresome so I am thrilled to be a part of the owners.com. Currently I am on a quest/adventure to build my last, or so my wife says, system that I can die with. I'm looking forward to a membership base and the knowledge that comes with it to speak with others who share a passion, Conrad Johnson.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Re: New member

Post by joeinid »

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on having great taste.
goldminer60
Regular
Regular

Post by goldminer60 »

Thanks Joe. I bumped the audioshark.org, are you a dealer or is that one impressive collection?
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Hi,

That’s my gear obsession. I keep trying to thin the herd but end up adding more.

Everything won’t fit here so I thought this was easier. If the admin objects, I’ll remove that link.

I’m not a dealer just compulsive on gear purchases.

So, what speakers do you have or are thinking of getting and what CJ gear are you focusing on?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

@Goldminer60
Welcome to CJO, great to have you with us. Let us know what your "last" system will be (or are planning), would love to hear it.

@joeinid,
You are free to post any links. No limitations. This is a common question as I know many other forums don't allow it. I even address it specifically in the FAQ section for new members: https://www.conradjohnsonowners.com/vie ... hp?f=4&t=2
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Thank you so much.

No matter what, I find CJ gear impossible to give up. I miss the full system that I had many years ago. Thank you for providing a wonderful resource here.
goldminer60
Regular
Regular

Post by goldminer60 »

Joe, so many choices! I'm considering the LP125 SA with the teflon upgrade. I have access to the amplifier and was waiting for a call from CJ for the upgrade cost. All things considered though the Classic 120se has me thinking. Monoblocks were never a wife favorite so I dug my Premier 11A out of the archives and had the upgrade done. Running the Premier 17LS2 line stage with EF-1 phono. I would like to start fresh sans cabling but really the only limiting factor would be cost. I'm more about synergy than cost though so the foundation will be CJ. Do you have any speaker advice? I have too many speakers, Focal, B&W, Vandersteen, YBA. I've always wondered what CJ uses to voice their product line, any info would be appreciated. Have a good night.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

For a glimpse of what our users are using for speakers with their CJ gear, check out this thread: https://www.conradjohnsonowners.com/vie ... f=7&t=1382

I have a strong affinity for planar speakers and have used Martin Logans and Magnepans and loved the sound. But that is just one persons opinion.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.