Hello from Hong Kong

Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
alexlok87
New User
New User

Hello from Hong Kong

Post by alexlok87 »

Hi, I'm Alex and I'm new to the forum. Live and work in Hong Kong.

Recently got into tubes and always wanted a CJ system. Sourced a PV-5 (which had its transformer changed to 220v) and an LP70s recently through two different buyers and absolutely loving it! I'm very impressed just how powerful it is - was a complete shock to me when I put on one of my more familiar tracks. I was really surprised how smooth it is compared to solid state. Just can't stop listening!

Other hobbies include road cycling and headphones and headphone amps

Hoping to learn from other esteemed members here.

Alex
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Hong Kong

Post by admin »

Hi Alex,
Welcome to CJO. Great to have you with us. I was in Hong Kong 2 years ago and had a wonderful time. Great city. Very sad to hear about all the political turmoil going on there now. Congrats on the PV-5 and LP70. Enjoy the sound!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Hello from Hong Kong

Post by roberto »

Hola Alex and welcome,

All I can say is: Conrad Johnson sounds right! And this is their slogan. I just added: Quality has no regret!

At Conrad Johnson, there are kits to upgrade your PV-5. It is wise to change the regulator stages and the power supply capacitors (basically this is). The unit starts to sing as never before. And it is not too expensive. If you have electronic skills or know a friend with them, it takes less than two hours to do the job. If your PV-5 is dead silence, no hum at all, keep it as it is.

Happy listening.
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.