conrad johnson mv 55 parts

Got a problem? See if other members can help you out. Registered users can download schematics, manuals and pictures.
zemarcelo
Beginner
Beginner

conrad johnson mv 55 parts

Post by zemarcelo »

Hi team, I have a MV-55 Vacuum Tube Power Amplifier for 15 years now and no need to say that I'm still very happy with it, but unfortunately the transformer and the drive stopped working. I live in Brazil, so it's not easy to send that to repair and find the replacements. So, I would like to know where can I buy a transformer replacement. I already tried to contact many times Conrard johnson design but unfortunately any answer. Thanks and best regards.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: conrad johnson mv 55 parts

Post by admin »

I think you would need to know the specs of the transformer and then source it from an online or local retailer. Do you have a local high end audio store that do repairs? Or maybe even somebody with general electronics knowledge that could help you find a suitable replacement?
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
zemarcelo
Beginner
Beginner

Post by zemarcelo »

admin wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:35 pm I think you would need to know the specs of the transformer and then source it from an online or local retailer. Do you have a local high end audio store that do repairs? Or maybe even somebody with general electronics knowledge that could help you find a suitable replacement?
Hi, thanks for you replay. I live in a small town in northeastern Brazil (João Pessoa), there is no high-end store near me. At the same time I have a very good electronic technician who tried to find and also build the same transformer, but it's not worked, the impedance becames very different.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

This is often the problem with the older gear (from any manufacturer).

I have talked to JF about older transformers. CJ appears to buy parts in carefully specified batches, and if an older model uses the same transformer as a current one, it may be possible to get one ordered when a new batch of the current model is being built. But the MV55 is pretty long in the tooth.

Best of luck!
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.