Hello

Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
marcuswilson007
Beginner
Beginner

Hello

Post by marcuswilson007 »

My name is Marcus Wilson. I live in Wellington New Zealand.
I am a long term CJ owner PV10A and service guy.
My friends at Oceania Audio used to have the CJ agency in the 1980s and '90s and I serviced gear for their customers in my part of the country.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Hello

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Welcome to the forum!
I’m in Tennessee, not far from Nashville.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Welcome to CJO, great to have you with us! Visiting New Zealand is on my bucket list. Covid kind of put all my traveling plans on hold but hope to make it down there one of these years.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Welcome Marcus!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

G'day mate, from down unda.

Welcome aboard CJO! Great to have another tech on our forum, especially with CJ knowledge. Always mighty helpful!

Cheers, and enjoy those fine tunes!
RJ
marcuswilson007
Beginner
Beginner

Post by marcuswilson007 »

Thanks for the welcome people.
I assume admin is in the USA.
I have visited the US a number of times, mostly to go to AES conventions but also to do some album mastering at A&M studios as it was then and some training events in Las Vegas. We Kiwis travel a lot!
I'm currently working on an Evolution 2000 amp which my customer has had from new and this is the third time I have seen it.
I have some rather old faxed schematics and was looking for something better when I came up here.
It turns out the mains incoming filter module has shorted and I have a new one coming.
Hopefully replacing that and some new tubes will be all it needs.

By the way I am a highly skilled technician and happy to offer advice to anyone in need.

I hope the forum sends me email notifications if someone sends me a request.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola Marcus,

This is what I have of the Evo 2000. I hope this could help you.
CJ EV2000 Schematic.pdf
(212.96 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

As a fellow owner of a Evolution 2000, let us know how the repair goes. It's a great unit but definitely getting on the older side.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.