Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
Ancient tones
Beginner
Beginner

Back in the CJ family...

Post by Ancient tones »

Howdy folks! My name is Chris.

Fifteen years ago I tried a CJ PF2 in my system which was then based around 45 mono blocks. The PF2 made a sonic impression that I always remembered. A solid state preamp with a tube amp sounded great to me. The PF2 stayed in my family, going to my brother.

After a 2015 health crisis and selling most of my nice gear, I'm assembling a new system, this time based around a JE Labs Simple 2a3/45 amp with Omega Compact Alnico Monitors.

Currently I'm trying out three preamps. I decided on a CJ Classic 2 SE after rembering fondly the PF2. Also in house is a Schiit Freya Plus, and a Primaluna EVO 100 pre. Each one of these preamps could happily stay in my system. The Classic has been in for about 10 days now. It may not have been played enough in the past to be fully broken in?

Hopefully I can contribute here and get good advice from others. My audio journey started in 1972 when I purchased a Marantz 2220, at 14 Y/O, with money saved from working. I love vinyl as well as CDs and have been exploring DACs for a while now. This year, streaming of Tidal and Qobuz has made an appearance in my system, fueled by a Node 2i and Ares II dac. I have heard and tried enough gear over the years to have a good idea where I am going.

Thanks to all...I have already read a lot about various CJ preamps on this forum to help decide on my current Classic 2 SE. I really would like a pre with balance though!

P.S. I have a Schiit Lokius equalizer on order! Why? I listen at low volumes and think this would act as a glorified loudness control.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Back in the CJ family...

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Welcome.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Welcome to CJO. Great to have you with us.

BTW, my first experience with CJ was a PF2. That was a great little preamp that gave a taste of the excellent sound CJ equipment produce. I have fond memories of it as well.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Ancient tones
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Ancient tones »

Certain kit, like some people, leave behind good vibes!
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Welcome and happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.