Premier 5s Inbound!

From tubes to solid state.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Premier 5s Inbound!

Post by admin »

I'm also not sure why pickup would be something a seller would be against. I always put that as an option when I sell something. I don't have to worry about shipping, the buyer can look at the merchandise before payment, it's not my problem if it gets damaged after the item is taken, and if it's something heavy, I have the buyer help me move it.... and I get paid in cash. This is only a win situation.

If there is truly nothing nefarious going on, I wonder if there is some mental health issue with the buyer? Things like dementia start becoming prevalent around that time (I believe 68 is what was mentioned before).
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Boxcar
Pro
Pro

Post by Boxcar »

AnotherJohnson wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:27 pm His reaction to the idea of local pickup seemed off the mark. I would think he would have welcomed a local pickup with open arms if the issue were really just the difficulty of shipping.
Just for some clarification... he currently doesn't have a house in Bryson City. He has a piece of land where he plans to build a house and his woodworking shop. When he's in Bryson City, he camps on his plot of land where his house is planned to go. His only house currently is in Winston-Salem.

When I first offered to pick them up, he seemed rather enthusiastic, thinking I was planning a longer trip or vacation and would pick them up while I was in the area. I then told him I was only coming to pick up the amps, after which he insisted that he ship them and "save me the hassle". The bigger hassle is him not shipping them.

Hopefully he ships them today and this entire fiasco will end (or at least move to the next phase).

boxcar
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

🤞👏👏👏
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
Boxcar
Pro
Pro

Post by Boxcar »

Drum roll please....

I have an Old Dominion tracking number and the amps have been dropped off at the Old Dominion dock in Asheville! They were finally dropped off today.

Can I go back to being excited about receiving them now?

boxcar
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

🥳🥳🥳
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Great to hear! I think you can get excited again.
-admin
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Boxcar
Pro
Pro

Post by Boxcar »

admin wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:13 am I think you can get excited again.
Yay! Current status says they should be here on Monday. It would have been nice to have them for the weekend, but I'll take whatever I can get at this point.

boxcar
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

If you know, and if you’re willing to share, what is the cost to palletize and freight ship a pair of P5s from NC to Chicago?
Boxcar
Pro
Pro

Post by Boxcar »

I paid $355 to have a pair of P5s shipped from North Carolina to Chicago. I’m not sure if they would charge extra to palletize them as I believe the seller palletized them.

There were options a bit cheaper at around $290, but it would have required me to drive an hour to pick them up.

Hope that helps!

Boxcar
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

My interest is in relation to the possible eventual sale of my LP275Ms.

Sounds like with palletizing, it would be around $500.
Homerdking
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Homerdking »

Ok boxcar .
To begin with I don’t have dementia.!!!
Next , it is one hell of a trip to drive from des plains to Bryson Cty. And back.! One thing if you were going to be in the area and pick them up but not to make a specific trip.!
Cheaper to ship as we have done. And much less hassle.
As well your amps were not the only items I was preparing to ship by motor freight. There were 4 pallets I was preparing.! and It took 2 days to prepare the pallets and it took 2 days to drive them 2 trips back and forth to deliver them to the terminal. The amps and boxes were 3.75 hours apart and the other items I had to drive to DC to get either the boxes or the foam to correctly package them. There was also rain to work around relative to travel. It wasn’t as though I made the sale and decided to sit on your product to see how miserable I could make you. Also I’m camping while in Bryson.! And don’t have cell reception at my shop.
I appreciate your enthusiasm and the last thing I would do is rip anyone off . And certainly not over a pair of amps.!!! I have too much integrity for that. Yes it took longer to get out than I thought it would but on my end there were many contingencies to deal with to accomplish. As well to be clear. The reason I’ve not taken the ad down is that I have a second pair of 5’s identical to the ones that you bought. Identical with the tfc upgrade also.
The same with the 8’s . I sold one pair and I have 2 other pairs of those amps. So there is nothing nefarious going on here.
I’m thinking you were excited to receive them and it took longer than seemed reasonable to get them out of the door.
And you’ve let your imagination run wild…..
Dementia - that’s a pretty insulting assumption.!!!
I’ve busted my butt to try to keep everyone happy on this .
As well I hope you are remembering in my being straight up with you that a new set of power tubes will be needed for for trouble free operation….
Sorry for such a long note but I felt my integrity is and was being questioned. I don’t appreciate that.
I hope you enjoy the amps when they arrive.
I know everyone is different but resorting to chatting on line about a deal between you and me isn’t helpful or beneficial to either of us. Best to you and all others of us out there in the audio world. homer king
Homerdking
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Homerdking »

Hello out there.
I do friends and family because the seller is at a huge disadvantage at the whims of buyers. I’ve been beat several times with buyers through PayPal. Just because they changed their mind. The seller can set up the sale however they want. If the buyer doesn’t feel comfortable after a conversation with me. They don’t have to buy it.
I’m not in the business of selling audio and the amount of gear I have to sell it would be stupid for me to be dishonest or untruthful on the sale of any of it. I have too much integrity and sense than to do that to begin with. And if one ever was misrepresenting gear , they couldn’t ever sell another piece.
I should have asked for feedback but I’ve not cared about getting it or giving it. I’m not in the business of audio sales.
Also having 2 residences 3.75 hours apart hasn’t made it easy to get boxes and gear in the same place. I had over 26 pieces of CJ gear and being ready to ship immediately wasn’t always possible at the precise moment of sale. I always told the buyer if I had to make that trip to get the box and gear in one place. My collection has occurred over 25-30 years. And I’ve only made one other attempt at selling this stuff. Last but not least I’ve been completely honest in this endeavor from my forklift to logistics to weather as a contingency.
I had 4 pallets of items going out and I prepared all of them to go at the same time. I was able to haul 2 per trip to the terminal and it’s a 1.75 hour trip one way.
I’ve worked hard at satisfying each of those customers. I’ve been completely straight up with all of them.
My not removing ads has to do with my having more than one of of those items being listed. Not that I’m trying to sell one item more than once.! Hopefully this has clarified the questions that seem to abound over my integrity and products listed.
homer king
Homerdking
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Homerdking »

One last. Whoever out there that’s suggesting That have dementia or that at 67 I’m too feeble to handle 100 lb amps.
Let me just say that that’s going a bit far and is annoyingly presumptive. I probably am not as sharp as I used to be. But I’m still with the program. I’ve been an athlete all of my life.
I’m still active. I do architectural millwork.
Some days I handle 5 to 7000 lbs of material when processing it.
Your presumption that at my age I can’t handle a 100 lb amp is way off base. It seems to me that there’s a bunch of people out there with too much idle time on their hands. I’ve been straight up and have done this to the best of my ability.
I don’t know what more to say other than to offer to ******** an apology for the time it’s taken. I hope there will be enjoyment while listening. homer king
Last edited by admin on Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: name of person removed.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Homerdking wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:58 pm
I don’t know what more to say other than to offer to ********* an apology for the time it’s taken. I hope there will be enjoyment while listening. homer king
There’s the ticket!

Good job!
Last edited by admin on Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: name of person removed.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

One other thing…

Welcome to our new Member! This is a pretty friendly place, and I’m sure we’re all glad that this project is moving toward a happy ending. A fellow who has had such a long relationship with CJ gear is an asset, and I look forward to future posts. Glad to know that the new Member is well, and is finally converging on the difficult task of selling off his long loved CJ system.
Best wishes!
Homerdking
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Homerdking »

Hello out there.
I read all the chit chat again going on about my sale of the 5’s to *********. I really don’t get the idea of this being a public forum topic of discussion. I don’t get why every inch of the process has to be discussed by so many people with nothing better to do than to discuss wether I might be too feeble or that I might be stricken with Alzheimer’s or dementia.
The deal was between ****** and myself. Not the rest of you.
I shipped the amps as I said. If I tell anyone I’m going to do something I do it. The motor freight thing was more trouble and I underestimated the time it would take.
Personally I’ve been on the other side of this story as well.
Patience is a virtue. Being impatient leads to this sort of nonsense. Applying “pressure” for your desired result usually never leads to your desired need. Best to not be a pain to whoever is trying to get your task done so as to not sully things up between either party.
All of this chatter by you guys is and was a bunch of wasted energy. It’s not in my realm to rip anyone off or to do a disservice. I gathered all the parts to do this shipment of four pallets over several locations at a distance from each other and did as I said.
The other three pallets I shipped there was not one word of this minute by minute scrutiny or making of assessment of my faculties or mental or physical worth.
Again not one word from them.
You guys have frothed yourselves up like a mad crowd.
And have made yourselves miserable with negative thoughts and bad energy over this matter. Kind of aggravates a peaceful individual such as myself. You guys can do what you want but the business of this transaction is between ******* and myself . Best that everyone keeps their nose in their own business.
None of this chit chat has helped anyone.
I again apologize to ******** if this affair has chapped him or the rest of you so badly. Enjoy your music.!
Be well , homer king
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Homerdking,

First, welcome to CJO. It's nice to have you and sounds like you have a lot of experience with CJ gear. You knowledge and experience will surely be an asset here.

I'm sorry that your first topic here may have been due to an experience that involved some difficulties. I know that sometimes these things are unavoidable. Sounds like nobody had bad intentions but perhaps communication could have been better. I would not take this as personal criticism, but rather a learning opportunity.

I've also had to ship heavy items or in situations where the buyer wanted a specific shipper that was not near in location. I think being very clear in the listing and with communication will often solves these issues. Having the item prepackaged before even putting up for sale often helps. Providing daily updates to the buyer if something is not going according to plan is also helpful. I think many of the comments above concerning this sale was simply from the fact that the buyer did not know what was going on on your end. So that is all I will say about that.

Also, please refrain from using Boxcar's real name in the posts. Many users here enjoy a level of anonymity here online, and that is of course ok and we respect that. (I have edited his real name out of your posts so no worries).

Again. Welcome to CJO and we look forward to your input and knowledge.
-admin
Homerdking
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Homerdking »

I had the 8’s sold to a fellow in Texas. He sent the money to me regular PayPal. I sent it back to him and reminded him it was to be sent via friends and family. I had to go to DC to pick up the foam for safe shipment. It was expensive- 385.00
That was added to the invoice.
Several days went by and he communicated with me that he had some recent hardship and couldn’t buy the amps at the moment.
What he did do though is send to me via friends and family 700.00 for my efforts and the foam….
I could have kept that money but I sent it back to him because I felt that was the right thing to do….! Why beat a man when he is down..?!!
That’s the way this world of audio should operate on both sides of that situation.
Hopefully my revealing this act of faith and dealings and doing the right thing with this fellow will quell those out there that think I’m operating under the table or misrepresenting my product or not to be trusted.
homer king
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Nobody thinks you’re operating under the table.

Most think that you have bitten off a large project that has been difficult to chew.

We sympathize with both you AND the buyers.

These are difficult times for both.

I was the one who brought up early onset dementia as a possibility. It was in your defense. It was a possible explanation for why SolderSlinger spoke highly of his long past transaction with you, but now you seemed unable to communicate a reliable shipping date for an expensive F&F transaction.

I’m glad that you’re OK. I empathize with the buyer. I sympathize with you.

Best of luck as you dispose of your gear. You’re fortunate that guys like Boxcar are actually patient with you.

I think he showed remarkable poise in the face of possible fraud, and the happy ending may begin today when the pallet is finally unpacked. We all hope so.
Homerdking
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Homerdking »

It’s all good.
I’m a very private person and I don’t like to be the subject of on line chat. Good or bad. I did tell **** that I would send him the
Bill of lading and the pics of the amps strapped on to the pallet.
I also sent him many other pics of both amps during the packaging process. I did send it the moment I was leaving the terminal.
For myself personally if I had been told that I would receive that pertinent information when it happened I wouldn’t expect any communication until that happened . It would have been sufficient.
In the sales of this gear I’ve been very busy with the communication with many . After being asked daily what’s up I tried to explain that I was working on it . It was not necessary to be brow beaten because it all was taking more time than expected. That would have been of no help. I told him I would sent the info when it happened and that’s what I did. I appreciate everyone’s patience at this. I told him I would get the amps out and I did as good of a job at it with all 4 pallets as I knew how to do.
On to other efforts now. I hope all the folks I’ve sold and shipped to are going to enjoy the special pieces I sold them.