ET7 preamp

The PV-1 to now...
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

ET7 preamp

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Attn: Admin,

Trust all is well at your end of the woods...

Have you connected the ET7 as yet? Was just wondering...
How do you find it compared to your previous pv series preamp? I forget now... is this the S2 or S1 series?

Cheers, RJ
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ET7 preamp

Post by admin »

Yes, I have the ET7s2 all hooked up and connected. Have been putting some nice listening hours on the unit. I have been meaning to do a write up about my thoughts but things have been a little crazy on the homefront (work, family member illness, weather getting nicer so helping my wife with the outdoor stuff...).

It is truly a wonderful unit. Every aspect of the sound has been elevated to a new level when compared to my PV-12AL. Almost like removing a towel that was thrown over my speakers. Truly excellent. Very happy with the purchase. Again, I plan to write about it in more detail and with some pictures.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

I was glad when admin pronounced that the ET7s2 did beat the PV12. His comment that it was as though a towel had been covering the speakers is exactly what I’d expected. But you never know if others will perceive something as you perceive it.

He really has a solid bucket list system at this point. It is very capable of delivering a believable reproduction.
Last edited by AnotherJohnson on Sat May 28, 2022 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Enjoy your new improved sound Admin. The ET-7 V2 is a jewel to use. The detail, the transparency, the holographic sound, the right size of the musical instruments, the dynamics and yes, you are right with your assertion: to me is like seeing a beautiful garden with the window open from left to right. It is the Conrad Johnson magic. Huge steady stage you have now.

Can't wait your comments.

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
SteveFord
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Post by SteveFord »

Admin,
Congratulations on your upgrade, those speakers deserve the best you can get.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks. I have a long weekend finally so I'm going to try and get a better review of my experience with the unit. But it really has been great. I have been searching for an ET7 for over a year so procuring one was a very exciting accomplishment.
-admin
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

The pairing of the ET7S2 with the ARTs opened a large window for admin. It will make it much easier to discern differences between other components in his system. I am thrilled that the ET7S2 went to such a great home system.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Hey Admin, so how's that ET7 going...?

Not feeling the love much nor the excitement... are you missing that golden glow from the pv12 by any chance?
I know the feeling...

Keep us posted mate!
Best, RJ
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

This suspense is making me really😱

No news are good news. Please tell us your findings.
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A review is coming,... I promise. I was going to write up a review this weekend and of course I had to go out of state. Just got home to check CJO. I'm going to start working on it... I just need one day where something is not taking up all my time. :)
-admin
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Finally got around to writing up the review... took longer than what I expected. I posted it in our may ET7s2 thread and can be read here: https://www.conradjohnsonowners.com/vie ... 036#p18036
-admin