Greetings from Italy

Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
teb76
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Greetings from Italy

Post by teb76 »

Hello everybody, still not an owner of a C-J but hopefully will be in few days thanks to the invaluable help of the admin here.
I'm almost 46, Italian, music lover especially symphonic, still a rookie in real hi-fi world, I'm here, hopefully with your help, to learn and to understand.
Proud CJ CAV 50 owner from Italy
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Greetings from Italy

Post by admin »

Welcome to CJO. It was fun talking with you on reddit, and now here. Can't wait to hear about what you think of the CAV50 when you pick it up in 2 week!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Greetings from Italy

Post by Big Dog RJ »

CAV50, very nice!

The new version of this is the CAV45 and version 2, as we all know.... However, the CAV50 also has its charms, fitted with EL34's it has all that palpable midrange, plus soundstage magic and that CJ musicality that is legendary!

I remember back in the day when we took first delivery of the CAV50, it arrived all intact well packed. Unboxed it and thought what a neat little amp, pretty simple enough, no bells & whistles and hooked it up to a pair of Sonus Faber high grade monitors on stands, can't remember the exact model but this is going back to 99/2000. The source was a Musical Fidelity digital playback system and through the CAV50 it was a beautiful sound! It made the SF speakers simply disappear into thin air, leaving behind just the performance in full 3D soundstage, just marvellous!

I've been through numerous systems of all sorts of shapes, size and forms, and ones that cost a fortune. Throughout the decades, in all those setups there are only a handful that truly stand out in my memory, and a type of musical presentation that I'll never forget. CJ's Premier series has always impressed and the CAV50 and CAV45 are also one of those unforgettable moments. That was the true soul of CJ.

Partnered with high quality speakers, the level of musicality and sheer enjoyment doesn't get any better than that! Really happy for you mate.

Cheers, and enjoy those fine tunes!
Woof! RJ