Down It Comes

Everything not even remotely related to CJ.
SteveFord
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Down It Comes

Post by SteveFord »

The oak trees are getting killed off here in PA.
The one in my front yard came down today. Boy, these guys are skilled!
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Down It Comes

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Can’t burn it. Too much carbon footprint. Maybe make toys, or possibly furniture, though it looks like they’ve cut it too short for boards.

🙉🙈🙊
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Here in NH they allow burning of wood/leaves. You do need to get a permit (which is $5.50 for a day).

We had some trees cleared from our yard a few years ago as I was scared that they could potentially fall on the house if there was a big storm. We pretty much live in the woods and surrounded by tall trees. It really does take an incredible amount of skill and experience to bring these massive things down safely.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

admin wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:33 pm Here in NH they allow burning of wood/leaves. You do need to get a permit (which is $5.50 for a day).

We had some trees cleared from our yard a few years ago as I was scared that they could potentially fall on the house if there was a big storm. We pretty much live in the woods and surrounded by tall trees. It really does take an incredible amount of skill and experience to bring these massive things down safely.
Is the permit fee to buy carbon offsets? Or is it to cover the cost of someone to be sure the burn is safe? Or is it opportunistic revenue generator? None of the above?
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

AnotherJohnson wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:14 am
admin wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:33 pm Here in NH they allow burning of wood/leaves. You do need to get a permit (which is $5.50 for a day).

Is the permit fee to buy carbon offsets? Or is it to cover the cost of someone to be sure the burn is safe? Or is it opportunistic revenue generator? None of the above?
Opportunistic revenue generation. No human was involved and I just had to log into a website and was charged a $5.50 fee so I could download a PDF that says I can burn on this specific day. In retrospect I'm not even sure if I need this in the future as there is no law that says I can't have a fire pit in my backyard.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.