Shazam Song Finder

Anything you can hear or see.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Shazam Song Finder

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Yesterday afternoon my wife was playing a classical internet radio station on the Denon Home 350 via the HEOS app.

As company began arriving one of my sons asked what was playing. I told him I’d have to look at HEOS to see.

He whipped out his phone and said “no need, I’ll check it out.”

He hit the Shazam button, held the phone in the air, and within a few seconds pronounced the composer, the work, and the specific performance.

I went to HEOS and confirmed that Shazam was correct on all counts.

He repeated the experiment again later, with correct results.

I was impressed.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Shazam Song Finder

Post by admin »

Technology is pretty amazing and getting to the point that it may be surpassing humans in the artistic fields. The ability to pick out music with just a poor sample quality of a few seconds is pretty impressive. Recently I've also been very impressed with AI generated art like Midjourney (https://www.midjourney.com/showcase/). The lines between human and computer abilities are really getting blurry.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

admin wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:17 pm Technology is pretty amazing and getting to the point that it may be surpassing humans in the artistic fields. The ability to pick out music with just a poor sample quality of a few seconds is pretty impressive. Recently I've also been very impressed with AI generated art like Midjourney (https://www.midjourney.com/showcase/). The lines between human and computer abilities are really getting blurry.
This idea actually looks sinister … inviting a bot from Discord to join you in creating images through chat.

I agree that it is impressive. They already have put in the rules that you can’t use it for creation of violent or gory images. But participation (first 25 “jobs” are free) is an agreement to chat about your innermost desires describing your vision as an artist. “If you know you can help, but don’t see where, contact us.”

I dunno. We’ve lost all natural apprehension of technology. Mary Shelley, like so many prophetic writers of past centuries, and even of past millennia, are summarily ignored.

YMMV 🙉🙈🙊
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

In the case of Shazam we are inviting an app to assist us in sating our curiosity. I started to download it myself, but stopped on reflection.

This morning I was watching the TV program “how it’s made.” I was surprised by how many of the descriptions of steps were just flat wrong or misleading. Virtual experiences seem real, but even when they’re based on real images, the lessons promoted can be off the mark if the English or Sociology major writing the script doesn’t truly know what they’re observing.