Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
Benmjack
New User
New User

First tubes first CJ component

Post by Benmjack »

Hi all

I have jumped into the world of tubes with a CJ PV10, well actually a pV10A as I found today after puzzling over previous owner’s tube choices (didn’t match manual): so I swapped in 12AT7 and 5751 and very strange noises emerged. :idea: after studying internal images of others’ preamps to no avail I finally found the manufacturer’s upgrade sticker - yay my purchase wasn’t broken!

I am old to hifi but new to USA and have been building an all US (brand) hifi. I love it; it sounds great and different to my UK brand rig. Have avoided tubes to date because of my upgrade-itis (insatiable need to spend $$) but will try and keep it in check :D

Right now I’ve got Altec 98468 speakers, adcom gfa555mkii, infinity digital lens, ultech ucd-100 cd player, ps audio DSD jnr dac, modified blue sound node and now…Conrad Johnson PV10A
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: First tubes first CJ component

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Benmjack wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:19 pm
I Have avoided tubes to date because of my upgrade-itis (insatiable need to spend $$) but will try and keep it in check :D
The PV series of preamps are a perfect gateway to the world of US valve gear. Upgraditis is a natural consequence. Enjoy!
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: First tubes first CJ component

Post by admin »

Welcome to CJO, great to have you with us.

Congrats on the PV10A. It's a great unit and a good starter into tube gear.

Enjoy the tunes!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.