How to open TEA2SE

The PV-1 to now...
drinkwine
Frequent User
Frequent User

How to open TEA2SE

Post by drinkwine »

Hi, newbie here. (Or at least inexperienced.). I want to change the tubes on my TEA2SE. I can't figure out how to open the unit to get inside. Do I take off the faceplate first? I don't see anything like this in the manual. Thanks
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to open TEA2SE

Post by admin »

Does it not have screws on the top cover? Most (but not all) CJ units have a top cover that can be taken off to have access to tube replacement.

Looking at this photo it looks like there are top screws: https://static.wixstatic.com/media/b852 ... 9a~mv2.jpg
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
drinkwine
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by drinkwine »

Ok, that may be right. There are a whole bunch of screws and I wasn't certain where to start. My premier 12s are much easier!
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Yes, admin is correct. My own opinion is that the TEA2 is one of the easiest to get into. Pull those top screws, and the plate lifts off. No nasty side screws. Simple and elegant single plate. It was the first thing I noticed and appreciated when my TEA2 arrived. The TEA1 is nice too, but mine (series 1) had transportation screws that had to be pulled too, and prep for shipping required that they be reinstalled, which involved minor contortions to get proper alignment.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
drinkwine
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by drinkwine »

Thanks, both, so very much.