Wilson to reveal new Sasha V on June 23rd.

Amps, preamps, speakers, cables, and any other Non-CJ products.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Wilson to reveal new Sasha V on June 23rd.

Post by AnotherJohnson »

They paint to order. I was told that the custom colors are a harder sell on the preowned market. Of course we knew that. But for someone who’s buying their bucket list 6 figure speakers, the custom colors are a strong feature on the new market.

They will paint ANY color you ask for, for a price.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

AnotherJohnson wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:08 pm I went back to the store after checking into my hotel. I listened to the Sasha Vs some more, and then the Sasha DAWs, but with the $3200 acoustic diode feet, were substituted in. No other changes. The acoustic diode feet come standard on the Sasha V.

It was obvious immediately, and continued to be obvious over many cuts, that the Sasha V is an upgrade over the Sasha DAW. As good as the DAW is, the V brings an even smoother and more natural midrange.

Well, I’m pretty much here to audition amps … but I suspect the speaker difference might be even more important.
At home this afternoon my system is killing it. The comparison with the Vs is not so dramatic. In fact, the things the V was doing well at the demo, are being done well here with my DAWs.

Synergy? My DAWs fully broken in? Transparent speaker cables vs AQ Thunderbird Zeros? The room? The Regenerator?

I dunno …

What I do know is that this about to be discontinued amp that was introduced in the Mk3 version more than a decade ago is the smoothest SS amp I’ve owned. Much of what I thought was good about these demos over the past year may be tied to the Burmester gear.

I can’t wait to see if these first impression of the 911 hold up in my system.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
audiobill
Pro
Pro

Post by audiobill »

911?? Hmmmm....