The Decrapifier by Schiit Audio

Amps, preamps, speakers, cables, and any other Non-CJ products.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

The Decrapifier by Schiit Audio

Post by AnotherJohnson »

It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Re: The Decrapifier by Schiit Audio

Post by Joe Appierto »

Given the manufacturer's name the product's name in turn almost seems a natural.

In a 2015 review by John Darko he describes it in so many words as a more ambitious AQ Jitterbug.

https://darko.audio/2015/09/schiit-wyrd ... er-review/

Schiit co-founders Jason Stoddard and Mike Moffat typically underpromise on the unit's benefits:

“Some listeners say Wyrd improves the sound of their system. We’re not going to make any such claims. We remain Swiss on the matter—we don’t do the hard sell by promising sonic nirvana,” they say.

The review itself is generally complimentary.
Oppo BDP-105D and PSA DS DAC
Conrad Johnson CA200
MartinLogan EML
In-Akustik Exzellenz Cat 6 Ethernet and HDMI, Q-Audio IC and speaker cables, and Acrolink 6N P4030 power cords; PSA Duet PLC and Juice Bar, Oyaide R1 wall outlets
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/foru ... lter.5717/

The above article looks at actual measurement testing. Not very impressive.

Schiit has an interesting history and I recommend people read "Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up" by Jason Stoddard and Mike Moffat if at all interested in the company. They have a lot of good products at very reasonable prices, especially considering that their products are designed AND made in the *US". They also have some not so great products as well and I would put the WYRD as one of them. But then again, I tried the AQ jitterbug and I sold it soon there after. So even companies that sell a cables for 5 figures can make duds.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

I had missed this product when it was introduced, probably because I was not really paying attention to computer based music.

I look at the Fresh Arrivals page at TMR on most days, and today was my first exposure.

Well, maybe it will be useful for someone. I’ve quit saying that stuff that makes no sense also makes no difference.
Wildcat
Master
Master

Post by Wildcat »

The Wyrd is a lot more complicated than the Jitterbug, which I've read is only a few electrical components and acts more like a passive filter where the Wyrd is an active circuit. Having seen the oscilloscope output of a USB signal from a computer (it's not a perfect square wave like it should be--it looks more like an uneven, dirty square wave), I can see why the Wyrd might help.

I'd probably pick up the Wyrd if I were near TMR, but I wouldn't pay $19 to ship it. I'll be in Boulder in about 3½ weeks so I might grab it if it's still there. I have other plans for my main system but I might use this on the desktop system which is fed from a computer.
C-J PV-14L/C-J Premier 11/Martin Logan Spires/PS Audio DirectStream Jr./PS Audio AirLens
Technics SL-1210G/Nagaoka MP500/Dynavector XX2 Mk. II/SweetVinyl SugarCube/C-J EV-1
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Somebody snapped it up. You snooze, you lose. :lol:
Wildcat
Master
Master

Post by Wildcat »

Not a big deal either way. 😁 Another one will turn up somewhere! They certainly weren't expensive when new ($99, I think).
C-J PV-14L/C-J Premier 11/Martin Logan Spires/PS Audio DirectStream Jr./PS Audio AirLens
Technics SL-1210G/Nagaoka MP500/Dynavector XX2 Mk. II/SweetVinyl SugarCube/C-J EV-1
Wildcat
Master
Master

Post by Wildcat »

A Premier 140 turned up on the TMR site a few days ago. Good price also. But I'm on a spending diet for a while, at least for big ticket items like this. And I have other priorities, along with road trips that were planned many months ago.

It's no Decrapifier, but I am looking towards a Denafrips IRIS which accepts the "dirty" USB signal, cleans and reclocks it, and sends it via I2S connection to my DAC. And it's at a good enough price (over $200 less than TMR's listing) that I could resell it for what I paid. And it will further motivate me to sell off all the unneeded stuff I have accumulated.