Hello from Oakland

Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
joemarsh
Frequent User
Frequent User

Hello from Oakland

Post by joemarsh »

My ‘real’ journey in high end began with a MFA Magus preamp and an Aston GFA-555. It was an introduction to tubes as well. Damn good piece of equipment that I had for 20 years. I finally bought a CJ PV 14 which bested it in A/B. I the used the Magus with the CJ preamp for a phono preamp and continued to trick it out with Scott Frankland.

After awhile, the PV 14 blew up. Jeff offered me a screaming deal on a ET 3 SE and away I went. Not more than 1.5 years later, there was a really screaming deal on an ET 5 and that’s where we are.

Around 2000, I bought a CJ MF 2300A which I still have today. I think it sounds great but, I now have a CJ ART 150 driving the system. I use a Luxman EQ-500 for phono and that’s fed by a SOTA Nova vacuum table, an FR64s arm, and a Koetsu Rosewood Signature. That shares time with a SME 309 and a Miyajima Madake.

Every step with CJ has increased the air and resolution in my system.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Oakland

Post by admin »

My experience with the brand has been very similar. Every time I got a new unit I was extremely happy. Slowly over many years I would upgrade as deals became available. Every time it was an even better experience. Congrats!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Hello from Oakland

Post by Big Dog RJ »

ART150, pristine level of performance; SOTA amplification at its finest!

Well done, and a major step from CJ's MF series of SS amplifiers.

As I mentioned to you before, the very best CJ did with their SS gear was the MF2550SE. This particular one replaced the mighty Premier 350, although the Prem350 is in a class of its own. CJ didn't offer a smaller version of the Prem350A, instead they offered an integrated unit, which was the CA200. That was considered as the baby Prem350A but it wasn't no baby. Plenty of power and high current with stable voltages, really well designed as is the case with any CJ gear. Rock solid power supplies, they don't flinch one bit!

This is coming a very long way from the MF series onto the ART series. At first you might miss that extraordinary MF signature sound but wait till your ART150 runs in optimally. 5- 6 months of average use should do it, and allow it to gradually run-in. It's not necessary to leave the amplifier on for extended hours of no tunes just to burn-in... it doesn't work that way. You'll only burn out the tubes.

When it suddenly kicks in and believe me it will! Then get back to us on your findings. Until then, enjoy those fine tunes!
Cheers, RJ