Lifespan of CJ teflon capacitors

From tubes to solid state.
gt1482
Beginner
Beginner

Lifespan of CJ teflon capacitors

Post by gt1482 »

Hi All, I think this is my first post here though I have joined this forum for a while since I took ownership of an PV10AL.

I am recently looking at the possibility of adding more CJ used gear, some of which have the CJ teflon capacitors. I was wondering how long they are expected to last, as I can imagine they would be expensive to replace. Does anyone have an idea about their lifespan comparing with more usual capacitors?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lifespan of CJ teflon capacitors

Post by admin »

Welcome, to the site. Great to have you with us. The PV10AL is a nice preamp. I was looking at one before I bought my PV12. Caps can be expensive but it really comes down to how many you need and what size. Caps tend to last a long time and should have lifespans of 20+ years without any issues.

Again, welcome to the site. If you have time maybe you can tell us about what other components you are using the PV10AL with in your system.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Welcome to the forum gt1482.
ronenash
Pro
Pro

Post by ronenash »

Film capacitors last forever unlike electrolytic capacitors which have a life span of 15-20 years. Film capacitors include polypropylene, polystyrene and Teflon caps.

You have nothing to worry about.
ronenash
----
Power:CJ ART150, Beard P100, McCormack DNA500, Krell FPB300
Pre:CJ ACT2.1, Pr14, Pr15
Analog:VPI Classic/Falcon/SoundSmith Denon 103R, Lenco L75 rebuild
Digital:J.River-->Chord 2Qude
Speakers:SF Amati Futura
gt1482
Beginner
Beginner

Post by gt1482 »

ronenash wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:05 pm Film capacitors last forever unlike electrolytic capacitors which have a life span of 15-20 years. Film capacitors include polypropylene, polystyrene and Teflon caps.

You have nothing to worry about.
Thanks, that's good to know!